The Producers

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

The Producers

Post by Beowulf »

Saw it tonight. I haven't laughed this hard in a movie for a long, long time. I like musicals a lot, but even if you don't, you'll enjoy it. Over the top characters, catchy music, hilarious dialogue, Uma Thurman being hot, and Will Ferell as a Neo Nazi.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I've heard good things about it and I would like to see it next after having seen King Kong which left a foul taste in my mouth.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by fyrephlie »

Top Wop wrote:I've heard good things about it and I would like to see it next after having seen King Kong which left a foul taste in my mouth.
Peter Jackson was clearly stuck of LOTR mode... he didn't realize that this did not need to be 3+ hours long... could have cut around 45-55 minutes out with no loss to the story. (how many sub stories and characters were lost by the end?)
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Not just that, but why have individual sub stories for the charactes when you had no attachment to them whatsoever? And the brontosaurus scene did not just look rediculously fake but somehow they managed to run as fast as they do, when somehow a human has a 5 foot stride and a brontosaurus's much longer than that? The story was weak and had nothing much else to stand on. They showed the trip to Skull Island with great detail to the point of showing when the went to the john, wouldn'nt you think they could show how they got the damn ape into the ship? Total BS.

Sorry for going off topic, but after seeing KK I REALLY want to go see The Producers after all the good reviews coming out from people with credibility on movie reviews (ether that or watch Ep3 again).
Nirvana
DBB Harasser
DBB Harasser

Post by Nirvana »

I think the movie should have been about 90 minutes (the original was even shorter!!!) The dialogue was terrible and there was far too much rediculousness happening left, right, and center. As far as the straight cut to broadway, TopWop, that was homage to the original.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party! :lol:
si vis pacem, para bellum
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

doubt i'll see it. Is it just me or are movies about making movies always the creepiest movies EVER. i will never move to hollywood.
Sligar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sligar »

Just saw the original with Gene Wilder a couple days ago, funny stuff. They'll probably be showing the original on cable now that apparently there's a new movie out.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

its not a movie about making a movie, its a movie about putting on a play
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by fyrephlie »

Vertigo 99 wrote:its not a movie about making a movie, its a movie about putting on a play
an equally creepy concept...
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

awesome awesome awesome awesome.

Umaaaaa!
oooooooLAAAA!

awesome awesome awesome awesome.

8)
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

i could have sworn we had a whole king kong thread but now i can't find it. anyone know?
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

scroll up! :P