Plasma Globe/Ball

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Plasma Globe/Ball

Post by []V[]essenjah »

On X-Mas day, I was surprised when I opened a package that contained a 3\" plasma globe from Walmart. I have always wanted a Plasma Globe but just never dished out the money for one. When I plugged it in, the plasma appeared to be very heavily concentrated and looked very cool. I didn't light up my room but it gave a nice effect. Also, because it was small, I could plop it on my TV and I can place this nearly anywhere in my room. Most lights I find are a pain in the ass to find a place to put up. Now mind you, I have a blue plasma clock and another plasma lamp that is a lot brighter but this gave a different effect. Just a good old fashioned plasma globe sitting right next to me on my TV set. Anyway, the very next day, I went to plug it in after a hard day at work and my elbow caught it, knocking it over, and to my saddness, I heard a loud crash. :( Anyway, my folks offered to replace it or at least to help pay for part of it and I figured it should be pretty easy to do. So I called up Walmart and they stopped selling them right after Christmas. We also threw away the package so we have no idea who made it. So, now I can not find a way to get another $10 plasma globe looks as nice. I did however find one on Amazon that runs about $15, which isn't too bad. Anyone have any recommendations?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

if you're looking for something cool, how about one of these?
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/mugs/60c3/

i know i'd love one
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Now you have learned a valueable lesson: do not place objects you are keen on, in a location where your clumsy self will cause its destruction.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

rub his nose in it, why don't ya...

but for a recommendation, I'd get the plasma mug also.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

LOL, the plasma mug looks cool but looks like an effecient way to get cancer. :P

Actually, if I can get another globe, I'm planning to velcro that sucker down!! :)
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Aggressor Prime »

Sweet mug. :D
pATCheS
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pATCheS »

\"Actually, if I can get another globe, I'm planning to velcro that sucker down!!\"

Better to get it a bungee. :P
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

I got mine for $ 9.00 at the local Zellers store, made by Sunbeam, under the line called \"Gizmo Lites\". On the bottom of the box it says; \"Item Number 6467\". Mine is a 4 watt, 3 inch across 'frankenbulb' as my kids call it... Unless you smash it, it has only a 250 hr life time, apparently...