Pyromania

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Pyromania

Post by TigerRaptor »

I'm considering hosting a 6 player Pyromania ver 1.2 server for a little while. So I'm looking for some input to what are the best level(s) for playing Pyromania.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Definitely VV for games with more than two or three players. Just make sure you get anti-cheat from Supersheep.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Make sure you have the right levels. You remember last night I was having issues with joining.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Zangarath then it was obviously something on your end. Because if I remember correctly KB personally gave you Pyroglyphic, the same exact file that is hosted on his site and planetdescent.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Zangarath, like I told you last night, the level is not whats changed here. Tiger told you step by step what to do. If it doesn't work, then its something YOU have done on YOUR machine. If you have any issues, post them on the tech forum. Do not clutter up this thread. I will delete any further posts of that nature.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
pipsqueak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pipsqueak »

Why would you use version 1.2 when version 1.4 is the complete and final version?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Actually, theres a 1.5 version. Thing is, 1.5 is unstable as hell. Play on geodomes and watch the ping skyrocket.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Where can I find the list of pyromania levels? In the not too distant future I wouldn't mind joining in.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

If a Pyromania version 1.4 is out there, where can I download it? But I only know of Pyromania version 1.2 and 1.5.

Now the only reason I'm using Pyromania 1.2 because the mod is the easiest to find, and less worry free. Plus it shows up on Descent.cx, Kquery, and Gamespy.

Pyromania 1.5 on the other hand is buggy for some reason. Here are some of the problems found while playing. If you wanted too change ships simply by exiting the level, and come right back. You couldn't, an error message would come up and saying \"levels don't match\". There for you would have to exit Descent 3 all together and restart the game in order to get back in. Another problem with 1.5 I could not get the server to show up on Kquery and Descent.cx it only showed up on Gamespy. Also at the time when me and MD where playing in 1.5, Koolbear couldn’t get in. Why? For some odd reason he couldn't even see the server we where playing in. But MD-2389 and I could. I won’t run a server that only some people can play in.
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

You might want to take this up with Aenn Seidhe Priest:

http://descentforum.net/pyromania/

Check the \"Mail\" page for the latest email address.

Also, I noticed that KoolBear has the 1.5g version hosted on his site, so you guys need to make sure you are all using the 1.5 Final version available at the site above.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I'll check it out when the site is back up.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Yeah, that host is pretty flakey. I managed to grab it this morning though.

btw, gg to those of you that showed up. That game was an aboslute BLAST! :)
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

I wanted to join some of these games and can't seem to find the version of Pyromania needed. I'm running 1.5, which I obtained from the site linked above. Post a tutorial for stupidheads like me please.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

IMHO 1.5 is just fine! You can change the ship IN game after each death so no need to get out of game...

If you rightclick a pyromania server in Vortex to \"download mod\" it leads you to the Pyromania website, btw.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by WarAdvocat »

Do_Checkor wrote:If you rightclick a pyromania server in Vortex to "download mod" it leads you to the Pyromania website, btw.
Did that. Couldn't join Tiger-Raptor's games, thanks for helping though.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

WarAdvocat did you try starting the Pyromania mod it self to get in. Entering through regular D3 won’t work.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Tutorial for the \"stupidheads\". ;)

1. Download the installer from the site above (will post a mirror if too many complain about the crappy host its on).
2. Run the installer and follow the on-screen prompts. You will be asked to point it to your Descent3 root directory. Let it create the shortcuts, you WILL need them.
3. To make it easier for you to join games, navigate through the start menu and find the \"Direct Launch\" shortcut created in the Descent3 sub-menu. Right-click on the direct launch shortcut and select \"Send To\" and click on \"Desktop (create shortcut)\".

To join a game, simply note the IP address of the game. Write it down if you have to. You can't use Vortex or Kquery to join. Double-click on the desktop shortcut you created. Click the multiplayer option, select TCP/IP, and enter in the IP address of the game. Then click on \"Search for games\". Then just join the game as normal. Once the level is loaded, you will be prompted to select a ship (and I don't mean the default three ships you're used to playing). None of the original ships are selectable in this mod. I recommend you choose the Pyro GX since its the most balanced of all of the ships. Then go rack up those kills. :)
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re:

Post by Grendel »

MD-2389 wrote:You can't use Vortex or Kquery to join.
You can use kquery -- just change main.exe to pyro15.exe in the Descent 3 configuration.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Sorry guys but I won't be hosting any thing right now. My 2nd computer blew. :cry:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

But what about the part about running Pyromania 1.2 vs 1.5?

Did I miss something?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

there are two verions of Pyromania 1.5

Pyromania 1.5

Pyromania 1.5g

from my understanding the g version is for D3 1.5 beta

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

Oddly, I just unzipped it to my D3 folder in games, I havent had a problem joining from Vortex since I specified the path to it in the vortex program in descent 3 settings, MOD pyromania, enter your path there. Mine is ,C:\\Games\\Descent3\\pyro15.exe ,.

Of course you can use the browse option to specify yours. Btw this only works for the 1.5 version since its the one specified[duh].

Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Zantor »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:Zangarath then it was obviously something on your end. Because if I remember correctly KB personally gave you Pyroglyphic, the same exact file that is hosted on his site and planetdescent.
Pardon bringing up an old thread, but I realized what I was having trouble with on Pyromania. I was running the D3 EXE, NOT THE PYROMANIA EXE! SILLY ME!
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Dude that was 6 months ago. It took you that long just to figure this out?
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Wait, there is a Pyromania server!?!?!

What is it called?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

come on zang.. if you're gonna revive an old topic you should either bring something substantial to the table or start a new thread with the old one as reference.