on personal integrity

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

on personal integrity

Post by dissent »

I thought this was an interesting read.

Seems like the internet is making it easier and easier for people to get owned when they try to pass themselves off as something they are not. *cough* James Frey *cough*
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

what the... why would a white supremist write touching native american literature? personality splitting?
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Hey, even white supremacists have to eat.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

although this is not 'quite' the same thing, it is a little on the similar side. when i was still in high school there was this kid (who, to be honest had perviously slept with my girlfriend at the time, well before she and i went out, but i already 'disliked' him) who was known as a 'thug' and a 'jerk'. all of sudden he changed his tune, and started trying to host rallys, and passing out literature about... you guessed it, native american's. i live in minnesota, and at the time there was a big to do regarding a tribe and 'their' 'sacred land' being used for something for the city (i think it was the light rail or something, i can't remember which native american clash it was for sure). if that is the one i am thinking about, it was a peice of land they had given up in a treaty, and was part of a park, there was some sacred tree where the punk 'native american' kids could go to smoke pot... which was scheduled for removal.

anyway... this kid was actually claiming that he was part of this tribe, and that his family had a notable history within the tribe.

funny thing was, someone looked into his claims. a native american in the school who actually WAS part of this tribe discovered that in fact this kid was a liar. the rumor later was that he was trying to get into some sort of 'native american' scholarship program so that he wouldn't have to pay for college after high school.