Level hosting request

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Level hosting request

Post by Shadowfury333 »

I've recently uploaded a new level, Salt Mines to PlanetDescent. Unfortunately, I am unable to host it, which is a shame since I need to playtest it often.

Could some kind soul please host this level, so that others may try it? I have contacted DM for hosting on his server, but unfortunately it is erratic.

NOTE: This level should work for 2-4 players, 6 is probably the absolute maximum.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Ok SF - hosted on euro \"Descentforum.NET\" from now on. After I installed this mission it took me some time to find it in the level-selection window.

Please do NOT add special characters to mission-names or filenames in the future. This leads to problems and is usually used by editors for TESTING purposes´only. AND if many designers would do this nobody could find missions in the future :-)

When I started the mission to check the auto-download-links I found out that the filename didn't work for the dfiles.de server (maybe because it's linux). I changed the filename to lowercase and it still didn't work. So I changed the auto-download-links in the MN3 and re-uploaded the file to both servers (dfiles and descentforum.net), changed the data on the Planetdescent.com mission database and NOW FINALLY everything seems to be ok :-)

Hope you understand and agree NOT to try this again in the future ;-)

I'll look at your new mission coming weekend at a Descent-LAN here in germany.

Thanks for your work!
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Do_Checkor wrote:Please do NOT add special characters to mission-names or filenames in the future. This leads to problems and is usually used by editors for TESTING purposes´only. AND if many designers would do this nobody could find missions in the future :-)

Hope you understand and agree NOT to try this again in the future ;-)

Thanks for your work!
Sorry, the next version will probably be v1.0, and I won't need to use exclamation marks. I honestly was completely unaware of the problems associated with it.