Synchronizing firefox installs...possible?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Synchronizing firefox installs...possible?

Post by Avder »

I havnt used my laptop very much in the past 9 months. Ive recently started using it again and Ive found that its settings in firefox (bookmarks, plugins, other settings, etc) are vastly different than the install of it on my desktop. Is there any way to exactly clone my desktops install of firefox on my laptop so I dont have to install every plugin and track every setting to get it mostly duplicated? That would be a real pain to do.
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Yeah, just copy the profile over. Don't forget to update FireFox on that laptop to 1.5.0.1 beforehand though.

If you're using 2000/XP, its under Documents and Settings/YOURLOGINPROFILENAME/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/

It'll be a folder with a hexidecimal name, but thats it. Just copy that folder to your laptop. That contains your bookmarks, cookies, cache, settings, etc.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams