Great D2X-XL wallpapers by Aus-RED-5!

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Great D2X-XL wallpapers by Aus-RED-5!

Post by Diedel »

Find the download on my D2 site's links page.
Neumaennl
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Neumaennl »

where is the 3D model of the pyro from? can I have it?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Ask Aus-RED-5 (PM).
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I have a copy that works in D3. Looks awesome.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Thats Eagle's D4 PyroGX. You can download the hog for it from PD. Just use the hog extraction proggy to extract it, and then you just convert it to whatever usable format you use.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
tris
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by tris »

hi, im new to the forums but im not so new to modeling and wallpaper making, these look cool, but im working with RED5 to make so stuff that rocks hopefully

regards
. . . and they shall know no fear . . .
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

MOVED

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

MOVED

Ok.
This isn't a wallpaper as such, but you can set it as one. ;)

The D2X-XL \"plasma\" logo on Diedel's site is one I've made for him some time ago.
So now you can have that logo as a high res, animated wallpaper! :twisted:
It even comes in 4 different sizes! :shock:

DOWNLOAD
800x400 SIZE: 808.4 KB

DOWNLOAD
1024x512 SIZE: 1.1 MB

DOWNLOAD
1280x640 SIZE: 1.6 MB

DOWNLOAD
1500x750 SIZE: 2.4 MB

Just extract the D2X-XL-plasmaXXXX.gif file into whatever folder you keep your wallpapers in and set it as a wallpaper!

*** EDIT ***

No Longer Hosted
PM me if you want one.

*** EDIT ***

:Note:
In the Display Properties. Use Center for best results. ;)
Enjoy.
Valin Halcyon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Valin Halcyon »

:)

It's good to see that the work on that ship hasn't gone to waste. At least it's made good fan art all over the community.

Any chance of new models in D2X-XL, Diedel? I still have most of what was made for D4. Ships were around 300-500 polys, powerups, around 100 or so. That's just from memory, so I might be a bit off. I have the original max and 3ds files too if necessary. I know D2 would need its powerups code modified to allow for 3D model powerups, they're just 2D animations in D1/2.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Valin Halcyon wrote::)

It's good to see that the work on that ship hasn't gone to waste. At least it's made good fan art all over the community.

Any chance of new models in D2X-XL, Diedel? I still have most of what was made for D4. Ships were around 300-500 polys, powerups, around 100 or so. That's just from memory, so I might be a bit off. I have the original max and 3ds files too if necessary. I know D2 would need its powerups code modified to allow for 3D model powerups, they're just 2D animations in D1/2.
Wow! I would love to see more of what you got! :D
Would be great to see D2X-XL use models! ;)

So is it possible, Diedel??? huh huh?? :mrgreen:
I'm guessing no. :cry:
tris
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by tris »

i havent found a way to convert 3ds max files into a model format that descent will recognise, i too have a large selection of models on 3ds max which i made myself but im having difficulty converting, any help or ideas would be nice

(ps- im already working on a mod where all the models are enhanced)
. . . and they shall know no fear . . .
Valin Halcyon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Valin Halcyon »

[sarcasm]You know that nice little tool called POFgen that's used to convert 3ds files to POF files...then on to OOF files? POF IS the original Descent model format. Hmm..lesse..OOF: Outrage Object Format. I wonder if POF..naaww..IT CAN'T BE. :P Parallax Object Format. ;) [/sarcasm]

However, with access to the source code, we have the collective ability to write in our own model support..and methods of conversion from common 3D art tools. I've always wanted the eye candy of seeing missiles actually lauch off the rails, or the larger ones to drop and launch from the underbelly bay. ;)

Oh, and AUS, as far as possibility...WE HAVE THE SOURCE CODE. There are NO LIMITS to what we can do with D2X-XL now...especially since Deidel has gotten the code into something that is nearly off-the-shelf compilable. (I HATE makefile builds) I'm straining the rope to get back online at home so I can participate. I've got a whole new section of code to send in for D2X-XL to Deidel for...heh...\"ships\". ;)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Valin Halcyon wrote:Oh, and AUS, as far as possibility...WE HAVE THE SOURCE CODE. There are NO LIMITS to what we can do with D2X-XL now...especially since Deidel has gotten the code into something that is nearly off-the-shelf compilable. (I HATE makefile builds) I'm straining the rope to get back online at home so I can participate. I've got a whole new section of code to send in for D2X-XL to Deidel for...heh..."ships". ;)
DROOLS

Nice!! :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see this happen. :)
D3Phoenix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Phoenix »

Heh Valin?... any chance we could get any of these \"D4 resources\" into public domain.... *heeee* 8)

Lol, prolly not... but you know we're ALL thinkin' it. :P

(I'm sure that the copyrights and whatnot are probably tangled in the muck the D3/D4 developers left behind)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Valin,

if you give me the stuff in D2 compatible format, I'd be more than glad to integrate it!
Valin Halcyon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Valin Halcyon »

...how about simply adding OOF support to D2X-XL? :P

From there, it'd be EASY to add new models for various things. As you know, Deidel, I'm occupied with another D2X project atm, but if you could manage it, that'd be awesome. Also, maybe look at adding support to use models instead of animated textures for powerups?
DizzyRox
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DizzyRox »

Nice work Aus-Red-5,very cool!!! 8)