D2X-XL Bug Reports - MS Windows

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

RatoN
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RatoN »

I can no longer move after loading a saved game. The ship doesn't hover or anything. All I can do is shoot.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by Suncho »

RatoN wrote:1.5.149

I can no longer move after loading a saved game. The ship doesn't hover or anything. All I can do is shoot.
I can semi-confirm this. I tried saving a game in d1 level 1. Then I loaded that game from the in-game menu and I couldn't move. Then I exited back out to the main menu to try to load from the main menu. When I selected to load the game, the game exit-crashed. After restarting D2X-XL, the save game loaded fine from both the main menu and in-game.
-Suncho
spud
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by spud »

Under 1.5.149 it appears that it's trying to display all the pilot names on the left side of the screen instead of 4-8 appearing on the right side as is usual. I noticed this in an 8 player kegparty game on Kali just now.

On the bright side the new control-F7 feature does appear to work for pings, but loss is always shown as 0%, even when I muck around with with the antenna on my poorly-connected wireless router (guarenteed to produce packet loss).

spud
Yogi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Bomb selection function mapped to energy-shield converter

Post by Yogi »

Hello Diedel!

I note the following bug in D2 and using 1.5.149: pressing a key for bomb selection also activates the energy-to-shield conversion (when you can use that conversion, of course)

thanks,
Yogi
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Ship not working fixed in v1.5.150.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Problems in 1.5.150 and below:

On vertigo missions like Entropy 2 with custom polymodels, D2X-XL doesn't loads the custom polymodels of V-HAM and uses the original vertigo ones (however, it loads the custom behaviours).
Peterix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Peterix »

Hi,
I got this while trying to toggle the small screens ( radar, rearview ) in d1.
First the screen went completely black for about a second and then this texture got changed.

Another one:
The screen didn't go black this time and the small screens appeared.
Also notice the white band around the screenshot, it wasn't visible ingame.(i trimmed it from the first screenshot)
I couldn't reproduce this one again, but i'll keep trying.

I also encountered some strange bug after loading an older savegame.
First, i loaded that old save ( from Project Mandrill ) and then loaded a recent one from D2.
Screens:
bosses spawned from purple area

the ship is stuck, guidebot talks about 'boss robot'

Here are the savegames... first load 'Glitch', then the one from D2. Somewhere in between, D2x memory is apparently corrupted.
http://rapidshare.de/files/14601934/savegames.rar.html

I think savegames should have some version info in them, that should be checked against d2x version, so stuff like this can't happen.

I'll try using the official radeon drivers today.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Version 1.5.150:

CTRL+F7 appears to do the same thing as F8 now (send a multiplayer message).
-Suncho
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Suncho,

fixed.

Peter,

send me *one* savegame for each problem, and tell me *which* savegame displays *what* problem.
Peterix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Peterix »

I have no savegames for the first one...
For the second one, first load 'Glitch', then 'BBB'.

also i actually used ctrl-F1,ctrl-F2 with the first one... sorry for misleading you about the mini screens :(

EDIT:
151:
I've been playing with ctrl-F1&F2 a bit more.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Okay about the custom vertigo ham file:
If you have the d2x.hog in your missions directory and play Entropy 2 and look at the robots, something wierd happened like it used the default vertigo models instead of custom
VR7
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VR7 »

1.5.151:

- I managed to get a game running on the D2X tracker with a friend or two. I have dual missile launch turned off in my game options, and at some point I started firing dual missiles.

- In the same game, I tried to use markers as cameras, but it didn't work. I remember being able to use marker cameras in single player and original D2 multiplayer, but is this normal?

- D1 sometimes crashes when you finish the briefing, or skip it during the robot sequences, etc..
RatoN
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RatoN »

Bug Report 1.5.151

Under any of the join netgame screens, the text is misaligned.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/RatoN/bug_a.jpg
VR7
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VR7 »

A few more:

- Autoswitch is off but I always switch to lasers whenever they upgrade no matter what weapon I have selected.

- Just now we had a game that had 3 players, with me as the host. I could see both of them, but they couldn't see each other, hear each other, or kill each other. Each of them reported that the other disconnected.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Okay okay, here are the screens of the bug:

This is what happened when you have the d2x.hog(if it has the d2x.ham) in your missions directory:

and this is what happened when you don't have the d2x.hog(if it has the d2x.ham) in your missions directory:
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Version 1.5.151:

If you're on the main menu and in windowed mode, d2x grabs the mouse as soon as the automatic demo starts playing. This is annoying if I'm trying to do stuff in other windows.

EDIT:

#2: I think I mentioned this before, but on the main menu, the scroll down arrow doesn't do anything when you click on it with the mouse. The scroll up arrow works fine.

EDIT:

#3: The scroll arrow functionality is odd. Instead of just paging up, the amount it scrolls seems to depend on how long I hold down the mouse.

EDIT:

#4: D2X grabs the mouse when the \"View Demo\" menu is active. It starts with the menu. I don't actually have to be viewing a demo.

EDIT: #4 is true in the, \"New Game,\" \"New Singleplayer Game,\" \"Change Pilots,\" \"Play Movies,\" \"Play Songs,\" and \"Credits menus as well.

EDIT:

#5: The columns on the netgames screen are skewed off to the right:

-Suncho
VR7
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VR7 »

- Sometimes the mouse doesn't respond when you start a game, until you go into the options screen and bind any mouse controls, even though they are already bound to your mouse config. The same might apply to the joystick too.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

1.5.151:

#6: I am having a problem in Multiplayer where as soon as I press the f8 key, the typing area instantly appears then disappears. This makes it so I can't type anything. It seemed only to be happening after playing for a little while. I haven't narrowed down what I did to cause it.

But the following are true:

1. I do not use the default weapon keys.
2. I use the \"6\" key to toggle bombs.
3. Every game, I press ctrl+f7 to show the pings.
4. I use the mouse for turning and shooting.

Could any of those factors be related?
-Suncho
D3Phoenix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Phoenix »

Using the rectangular style cockpit in Descent 1 missions, The energy meter will occasionally flash to \"full charge\" level briefly as i fire an energy weapon. With level 4 lasers, it seems to happen once about every 10-12 shots in spurts, then the problem goes away for a while, only to reappear without any obvious trigger later on.
Kirby
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Kirby »

D3Phoenix wrote:Using the rectangular style cockpit in Descent 1 missions, The energy meter will occasionally flash to "full charge" level briefly as i fire an energy weapon. With level 4 lasers, it seems to happen once about every 10-12 shots in spurts, then the problem goes away for a while, only to reappear without any obvious trigger later on.
I reported on this a few months ago too :/
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Awkward, the weapons lighing doesn't work anymore :?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I know. =)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I had done a major code cleanup over the weekend, and some global variables got overlooked. Fix is on the way.
RatoN
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RatoN »

I know I'm driving you in circles with these bugs, but here is another one I'm able to recreate. When I goto look for netgames games (Doesn't matter which one), back out and load a game, I don't have any control over the ship and upon firing my missile, I recieved these series of ingame errors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/ ... g154_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/ ... g154_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/ ... g154_3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/ ... g154_4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/ ... g154_5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/ ... g154_6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/ ... g154_7.jpg
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Holy Crap! The movie subtitles work now!

1.5.154:

#1:The shield/energy gauges overlap with the weapon icons at the bottom if you use the large weapon icons.

EDIT
#2: They also overlap with the HUD viewports.Image
-Suncho
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

#2 You can place the cockpit windows at different locations, or put the equipment icons on top of the screen. You can also chose a big screen resolution and turn off gauge scaling.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

The bug is that it's possible to make them overlap. If it's too tedious to fix, then don't worry about it. I just reported it because I figured you'd like to know.

1.5.154 #3: The scroll arrows still don't work. The change list says it was fixed. Go into the main menu at 640x480 resolution and try to click the down arrow.
-Suncho
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

#2: That's a feature, not a bug. :P

#3: Dang - in sub menus it works. :?

Phoenix,

this is very hard to reproduce and fix.
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

If you bring up the automap with the ALMIGHTY cheat active, the cheat will wear off upon exiting the map.

Yeah, you can say I'm kinda spoiled. :mrgreen:
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

The cheat will wear off over time anyway. ;)

You didn't think of that, did you? :P

RatoN,

cannot reproduce. Please tell me the steps to reproduce it in more detail.
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

The cheat will wear off over time anyway.

You didn't think of that, did you?
I don't think you see where I'm coming from...

I know ALMIGHTY wears off over time...a LOOOOONG time. Long enough that I can have the level beat by the time it does wear off.

What I mean is that when I use the automap and then go back to the game, the cheat will occasionally wear off on the spot, regardless of how long I've had it active.
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

Double post
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by Suncho »

Diedel wrote:#3: Dang - in sub menus it works. :?
I just realized that the arrow properly scroll through which menu options are highlighted, but it doesn't scroll the actual vertical position of the menu. So on the main menu if I click the down arrow, it'll highlight the "Play D2 Missions" checkbox at the bottom, but it'll be off the edge of the screen.

EDIT:

1.5.154 #4: I decided to download and compile the D2X-XL source code today. It compiled and ran without much trouble (MS Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2). Anywho, the compiler spat out some warnings, and one of them lead me to find this problem:

digiojb.c line 629

Code: Select all

if (SoundObjects [i].flags & (SOF_USED | SOF_LINK_TO_OBJ | SOF_PLAY_FOREVER) 
			 == (SOF_USED | SOF_LINK_TO_OBJ | SOF_PLAY_FOREVER))
What this does is compare the result of the ors with itself, and then ands that with the flags. So the if statement always evaluates to true no matter what.

To fix it, do this:

Code: Select all

if ((SoundObjects [i].flags & (SOF_USED | SOF_LINK_TO_OBJ | SOF_PLAY_FOREVER))
			 == (SOF_USED | SOF_LINK_TO_OBJ | SOF_PLAY_FOREVER))
Now it will check to make sure all three flags are on in SoundObjects.flags and return false if they're not.

I'm not sure how or if it affects the game at all, but it's certainly an error in the logic.
-Suncho
Weyrman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Weyrman »

v1.5.155 The game crashes to desktop when exiting the cockpit menu in the configuration menu. This happens consistently both inside a game (F2) and from the start page.

Didn't change any options, just looked, so I don't know if changes in the menu are saved or not. Haven't got time to test now, have to go to work :cry:
RatoN
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by RatoN »

Diedel wrote:RatoN,

cannot reproduce. Please tell me the steps to reproduce it in more detail.
Problem still persists in v1.5.156 so here are the following two steps that I use to recreate it.

1) Goto "Join Netgame" (Shouldn't matter which one).
2) Load Game (Doesn't matter for which game).

If I don't goto "Join Netgame", the problem doesn't occur.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I guess there must be something between 1) and 2), like

1a) press escape to get back to main menu
1b) Chose 'load game'
D3Phoenix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Phoenix »

Diedel.... in .156 the vertical sensitivity with the mouse is horrible... I realize this is supposed to be \"authentic\" or whatever, but it is now painstakingly SLOW to turn up or down with the mouse. It was better the way it was before. Let me be clear that cranking sensitivity all the way to full does not sufficiently help the situation, and that I do not like the 'mouselook' mode's feel. In the interim I am using mouselook so that I can at least turn, but the lack of a constant turn rate is bugging me -- it's not how I fly.

Edit: Found another... CRYPTONITE cheat does not work anymore. (I get the \"Open up sesame\" message, but all walls are still, in fact, quite solidly present)
RatoN
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by RatoN »

Diedel wrote:I guess there must be something between 1) and 2), like

1a) press escape to get back to main menu
1b) Chose 'load game'
Oh, yeah I do press escape and choose load game.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Bugs in version 1.5.156:

The waterfalls doesn't have ambient sound anymore.

And agreed, the mouse vertical movement is very bad, i don't remember the original Descent 2 moved that bad :? .

And BTW, the cheat CRYPTONITE doesn't exists. That's why you can't see any effect D3Phoenix. The correct cheat is KRYPTONITE with K. I've tested it in 1.5.156 and it works perfectly.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

D2(X(-XL)) only checks the last 8 digits of a cheat. So it is sufficient to type 'yptonite'. Be aware of the fact and 'z' and 'y' are exchanged on some keyboard layouts (e.g. German) - I have to type 'zptonite'.

Cryptonite now works in two stages: Type it once to unlock all doors, type it a second time to open all walls.

Re pitch speed: Geez guys, you complain about mouselook being a cheat, but want max. pitch speed twice that of the original game?

Ambient sounds don't work? :? :o