DLE-XP can't load levels with more than 900 cubes

Read and write DLE-XP bug reports, suggestions and general discussion here. Home Page

Moderator: Aus-RED-5

Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

DLE-XP can't load levels with more than 900 cubes

Post by Pumo »

I have this problem:

I'm making a level in Devil that exceeds the original 900 cubes limit, but since i want to use it in D2X-XL that supports up to 3600 segments, so that not should be a problem. The real problem is, when i open the RL2 file in DLE-XP (1.5.28 ) it says an error of cube limit exceeded. Devil lets me make levels exceeding the limit (only gives a warning everytime i save it but everything is OK) but DLE-XP can't read normal RL2 files exceeding this limit.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Did chose \"D2X-XL\" as level format when creating it? If not, use the level conversion function in the file menu.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

That's the problem, when i created the level was a normal one but with too many (and you could say, invalid) segments, but Devil doesn't cares too much about the ammount of segments (it only says a warning of more cubes than descent can handle).

In fact, i want to open it in DLE-XP to convert it to D2X-XL, but DLE-XP doesn't let me open the file, because DLE-XP can't open normal RL2 with \"Invalid\" excesive segments. But anyway, if this can't be solved, then i will use the Copy and Paste Block options.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I will see whether I can change DLE-XP to accept such levels, but issue a warning.