lazer wireless mouse

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

lazer wireless mouse

Post by Battlebot »

im considering buying a lazer mouse but i dont wanna pay over 80 bucks for it. anyone have any suggestions?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You can get a MX1000 for under $80 these days. It isn't the best for gaming though, too heavy so you cant get a quick acceleration from it and theres a small lag when picking it up and setting it back down.

The G7 is probably too expensive, it solves all the gaming problems of the MX1000 but the trade off is battery life. Since it uses a lighter battery it goes dead in hours instead of days or weeks like a MX1000. Also it's button layout is not as good as the MX1000, it is closer to the MX510/518 in layout.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

if you want a gaming mouse, go with the logitech G5.
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Well, why wireless? I went wireless for a while, got tired of changing batteries at the most in-opertune times. The mouse I settled on was the Razer Diamondback. Very nice fit, precise, in-game sensativity adjustment and large buttons for my fat fingers. :) Negatives are side buttons that are a little difficult to use.
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

i wasnt really looking for a mouse exclusivley for gaming, but if the MX1000 is too heavy to do anything, i spose ill keep looking.

but otherwise im diggin the MX1000
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Consider with the MX1000, if you forget to charge it between uses or it goes dead while your using it, you are done till it is recharged.
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I have a MX1000, even under the heavy use while I still tried to use it for gaming the battery still lasted over a week between charges. Now I use the 1000 for everything in windows, and the much lighter corded 510 for gaming. The batteries on the 1000 last upwards of two weeks on normal use, my brother has a MX1000 and his batteries last over a month between charges. The battery indicator is pretty handy too.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

VonVulcan wrote:Consider with the MX1000, if you forget to charge it between uses or it goes dead while your using it, you are done till it is recharged.
That situation is highly unlikely considering that the thing lasts two weeks on a single charge. It also has a battery indicator on the top side near where you would rest your thumb. Theres no missing it. ;)

MX1000 Pictures via Google Image search
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Matrix »

what?

g7 is $69 shipped
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDe ... ode=211157

I just bought 1 about 3 weeks ago, love it.

I also have an MX1000 but like krom said about it's not a gaming mouse.

IMO:
-The best "windows" mouse ever is the MX1000
-The best wireless gaming mouse is the G7
-The best wired gaming mouse is the g5 w/ the razor close behind

And even ask krom, I buy and sell all kinds of hardware, so I've seen it all :P I just recently sold off my MX510 and MX518's along with a wireless MS mouse.
VonVulcan wrote:Consider with the MX1000, if you forget to charge it between uses or it goes dead while your using it, you are done till it is recharged.
My MX1000 lasts about 1 month on a single charge, g7 lasts about 1-3 days but comes with 2 batts.
(22:58) [X]LunchBoxInVirginia: I see myself standing on top of a pyramid standing in 'Sun God' like robes with thousands of naked women screaming my name. throwing little pickles at me
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I don't see the advantage of a wireless mouse if you're still tied to charging it every two days. :P I do like my wireless keyboard though, just because I can easily throw it out of the way if I need more desktop real estate.
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

i do like that g7, but the swapping battery thing is a kind of turnoff....why cant they just use a charging dock like the MX1000 does?

and why exactly is the MX1000 bad for gaming? too heavy or what?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by fliptw »

Battlebot wrote:i do like that g7, but the swapping battery thing is a kind of turnoff....why cant they just use a charging dock like the MX1000 does? or does it have that and im just missing something
It does. Kinda. you use the receiver as a charger for the batteries.

the g5 allows you to adjust the weight of the mouse - the g7 just lets you swap batteries.
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Matrix »

Battlebot wrote:i do like that g7, but the swapping battery thing is a kind of turnoff....why cant they just use a charging dock like the MX1000 does?

and why exactly is the MX1000 bad for gaming? too heavy or what?

IMO switching batteries is better then having to put it on the base. I only takes a few seconds to switch out the batt on the G7 and bam full charge. With a mouse that has to be put on a base to charge, there can be hours of down time.

The MX1000 sucks for gaming because every time u pick it up and put it down on the mouse pad there is a moment of pause because the lazer turns off.
Plus its heavy and not balenced well for gaming.
(22:58) [X]LunchBoxInVirginia: I see myself standing on top of a pyramid standing in 'Sun God' like robes with thousands of naked women screaming my name. throwing little pickles at me
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

I happen to like the way the MX1000 feels. It actually fits my hand. The delay isn't a problem for gaming because it only turns off the lazer if there is no activity for a couple of seconds. Picking up the mouse and moving it on the mouse pad is still movement and besides it isn't enough time for the lazer to turn off.

I like my mouse ;)
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

yeah, i ended up getting the MX5000 keyboard and mouse combo. it comes wiht the mx1000 mouse and i like it. I just had to tune the settings but i think its pretty good for gaming. i was able to win a game online in UT2k4 so i guess its ok.

thanks for all the input guys, it helped a bunch
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by Vindicator »

Matrix wrote:IMO switching batteries is better then having to put it on the base. I only takes a few seconds to switch out the batt on the G7 and bam full charge. With a mouse that has to be put on a base to charge, there can be hours of down time.
WTH man, dont you ever sleep? :P
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Matrix »

Vindicator wrote:
Matrix wrote:IMO switching batteries is better then having to put it on the base. I only takes a few seconds to switch out the batt on the G7 and bam full charge. With a mouse that has to be put on a base to charge, there can be hours of down time.
WTH man, dont you ever sleep? :P
heh, not really :P
Sometimes it dies in the middle of the day tho...