Meet Doctor Doom

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Shoku
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Meet Doctor Doom

Post by Shoku »

Texas Scientist is applauded for advocating the eliminatiion of 90% of the human population.

http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_200 ... index.html
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Great.

chalk another one up for \"science\". :roll:
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

If the perfesser is really interested in reducing the human population, he can always lead by example ...
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I think the guy is likely to try to go out with a bang. He's got a screw loose and seeking notoriety....always a bad combination.
If I find he's rented a crop duster I'm going to have to call a guy I know to arrange an attitude adjustment for him ;)
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

So what's the problem?
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

People who claim that the world is overpopulated get on my nerves. What are we supposed to do about it? Do like this guy and kill some people off? Trust me, after Russia nukes Israel (ever wonder why they're in favor of Iran's nuclear program?), overpopulation will no longer be a problem.
If I find he's rented a crop duster I'm going to have to call a guy I know to arrange an attitude adjustment for him
Would this guy by any chance have access to some RPGs? :twisted:
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The world isn't over populated, not even close! It is however home to some really whacked out people and this doctor is a celebrated member of that group!
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Xamindar »

RoBoT wrote: Would this guy by any chance have access to some RPGs? :twisted:
I don't think he likes playing games.
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

RPG = Rocket Propelled Grenade
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

I hope this crackpot dies of Ebola.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

I would love to hear what this guy actually said. You all seem to put a lot of stock into a third-hand account.

EDIT: My bad, I see it was a firsthand account. It's just written so badly and subjectively that I don't trust it. The prof does sound pretty nutty, though; kind of like the Pat Robertson of biology.
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

Well, according to the article, that's the only known account there is of the speech. The guy wouldn't even let them tape it.
I hope this crackpot dies of Ebola.
How about if I engraved \"ebola\" on a warhead? Would that work?:P
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by Flabby Chick »

RoBoT wrote: Trust me, after Russia nukes Israel............

zzzzzz!! eh! what. hic!
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

They'll try to.

- Russia is in favor of Iran's nuclear program. Why do you think they'd be interested in it?

- There are descriptions in the Bible (Ezekiel 38 and 39, for one) that bear striking similarities to today's nuclear weapons and their effects.

- The Russians are descendants of the Scythians, which were descendants of Magog, which is one of the nations the Bible says will launch a surprise nuclear attack against Israel. This has also been proven through numerous other ancient texts besides the Bible. Gog, the other name mentioned, appears to be the leader in this attack.

- Right after the attack, Ezekiel then describes the aftermath and the cleanup efforts. \"And they that dwell in the cities of Israel will go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons...and they shall burn them with fire seven years.\" (Ezekiel 39:9) It takes about seven years for nuclear energy to burn.

I'm anxious to see how this plays out. According to the Bible, God intervenes and the attack backfires. This I gotta see. :mrgreen:

I found this site with more info. As a forewarning, it does use a lot of religion. Other than that it's a real eye-opener.

I think my first post in this thread may not have said what I meant it to. Sorry.:(

This discussion may warrant a second topic. I'm just too lazy to post it right now. Maybe sometime later.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

:roll:
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

Just keep an extra bag of popcorn ready. ;)
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

You don't have to be a bloody genius to pick a hotspot and find an appropiate quote, however you have to be a bloody idiot to believe it's devine intervention.

If i fart it's 'cause i quaffed too much beer n curry, not 'cause god bleedin' ordained it.
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

however you have to be a bloody idiot to believe it's devine intervention.
Couple points:

1) Like I said to another member in another forum, don't call people anything you don't want thrown back at you. Here's your sign, have a nice day.

2) I was going by what my Bible said. According to my Bible and what research I've done, Russia's attempt to nuke Israel off the face of the planet will backfire, and Israel would handle the cleanup afterwards. With Russia's current interest in Iran's nuclear program, it may not be long before that happens. Right now, we just have to watch and wait. And stock up on popcorn for the show.;)
Sir Sam II
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sir Sam II »

Revelation 1:18
I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Revelation 2:11
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.\"

I doubt this will all come to pass because of ebola though, but who knows.
RoBoT
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by RoBoT »

It won't. That's what happens when you derail a thread. :roll:

Seriously, though, if this guy's so bent on using ebola to \"decrease the human population\", he could lead by example and inject himself with it. Then he'll not only be a leader, but also get a taste of what he's planning to do to 90% of the human race.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

It will happen by itself. There are plenty of diseases that can mutate and spread like crazy.

I'm rooting for it. There are far too many humans on this planet. (Yea, Will, sure, there's room for more, but at what expense? Every other animal on the planet..you forget about them?)
Sir Sam II
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sir Sam II »

lol, 71% of the earths surface is covered by water. If people are so worried about being overpopulated, use those people to build citys over or under that other 71%, make use of the other 71%, 71%! thats alot of room, its not that hard. We have the technology to make it happen. Definately a better alternative if not an approved alternative to wiping out 90% of earths population.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

After reading some more blogs and news sites, it turns out that the scientist was completely misrepresented by the author of that article. The author has a personal axe to grind with the scientist.

Beyone these other sources, another indication of this is that in a room full of a hundred people, only he took exception to the scientist's talk. It is very unlikely that every one of those educated, intelligent, respected scientists was a sociopath. It's much more likely that the author is malicious, crazy, dumb, or some combination of the three.

The scientist does not advocate the decimation of the human population, but he thinks it might be inevitable. Once a critical population mass is reached and population centers are well-connected, it is very easy for a new disease to wreak havoc. From a purely environmental standpoint, he thinks it might be good for the entire planet, except of course for humans. But talking about it doesn't make him genocidal.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Except science doesn't seem to support the theory that the earth will reach such an over populated state....
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Re:

Post by Genghis »

Will Robinson wrote:Except science doesn't seem to support the theory that the earth will reach such an over populated state....
Well now we're getting off topic from whether this guy is an evil genocidist or just a bit kooky. But let's look at this anyway.

What overpopulated state are you referring to? I suspect you mean one where the world won't provide enough resources to support the population. It does seem true that human population growth doesn't match the pessimistic exponential growth curves on which resource-based models of overpopulation are based.

But I think what this scientist considers overpopulated is the damage we're doing to the environment. And it's hard to deny that humanity is "making its mark" on the earth.

In either case, I think we're already in an "overpopulated" enough state for a deadly disease to decimate humanity. We've settled pretty much the entire globe, our population centers are massive and crowded, and we have transporation technology that allows for near-instantaneous population mixing.

Heck, think of AIDS; if that disease was transmitted via air we'd be in a world of hurt. Avian flu seems to be causing some concern, but it doesn't seem to be manifesting as feared. But a virulent disease that is easily transmitted (i.e., airborne) and has a high mortality rate could certainly wreak havoc.
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Genghis wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:Except science doesn't seem to support the theory that the earth will reach such an over populated state....
Heck, think of AIDS; if that disease was transmitted via air we'd be in a world of hurt. Avian flu seems to be causing some concern, but it doesn't seem to be manifesting as feared. But a virulent disease that is easily transmitted (i.e., airborne) and has a high mortality rate could certainly wreak havoc.
Thus quarantines, WHO, vaccination. You aren't the only person aware of this.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Oh, well it's good to know that the government is on the job! Nothing to worry about!