Can we remove servers with undownloadable levels?

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Can we remove servers with undownloadable levels?

Post by Xamindar »

There seem to be a lot with levels that are not available any more which is probably the reason a lot of these servers are not played. Is there anything we can do?
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

report level names to the serverops, new urls will be implemented and updated levels shared among server ops. problem solved.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

That would be nice... there was a midwest server up in the Twin Cities meaning that I'd get the best ping (I'm pretty sure) and it bummed me out when I found out I couldn't join the game because I couldn't download the level..
Sir Sam II
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sir Sam II »

When a level is not available, I just download it from Here & then put it in the d3 missions folder.
Unless of course the level the server running isn't listed there, then I would need the level auto downloadable.
Nosferatu
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nosferatu »

Whenever I decide to host a level on Crypt1 I always run a test to see if its DLable either from the listed hosts or planetdescent.

I have a bunch of old levs in missions and I really dont want to host something that no one can play.

Although I do tend to host HIGHLY underplayed levels. :P
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Xamindar »

Sir Sam II wrote:When a level is not available, I just download it from Here & then put it in the d3 missions folder.
Yeah I have done that a couple of times. But most players are too lazy (inluding me most of the time) to do that and I end up playing the level by myself.

I am going to go through some of the servers and make a list of undownloadable levels.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

If the levels are going to need updates I guess I could host them on my server for auto download too.

RC
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Well here is a list of unavailable levels I have come across so far:

LEVELS:
pyroglyphic
300baudentropy
kidsport1
nocturnal d3 1.
plain anarchy
canyon seige
skin like winter
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

I was solving these problems a year ago with Koolbear.

I will re-release all undownloadable missions in a few weeks and serve them to the serverops, like I did already once.

I just need some time to do this...

TTYL
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

another:

Canyon siege

This one isn't even on pd.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

If someone does have it, then send it over to me. I have a batch of levels that should have long since been posted on the site; I'll throw that one in as well.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

BTW: The download links CAN differ from server to server ok? So if there is a mission running on one server with NO working links, there could be another one with the same level but working links...

For example: I am hosting a server with Canyon Siege atm that DOES have 3 working links. This mission GOT an URL-update already by me, but the serverops have to get that updates and overwrite their old / outdated missions then. As Canyon Siege is from DwnUndr I'll mail him to enforce him to send TopGun a file...

Like i said: I will try to get a major update together in some time and inform all the Gameserver-Ops to update their files...
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Erm. BTW: Just got an email from DwnUndr who told me \"I just downloaded Canyon from PD and checked the urls, they are the new ones you must have put there. So, it seems to be updated.\"

Ergo: The Label for \"Canyon Siege\" is \"Canyon\" at PD so it IS there already :-)

http://www.planetdescent.com/site/files ... ?level=133
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Ahh, ok. Thanks. 8)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

You know what the sad thing is? I downloaded that level myself yesterday after seeing it on a populated server, and I had the same confusion myself as to whether or not this was the Canyon Siege everyone was always talking about. :P I've gone ahead and changed the label in the PD database, so hopefully no one else will be confused about this.