Sucks to be this guy

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Sucks to be this guy

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

Another Soul Korrupted
http://www.korrupted.net
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

WTH! Where did that come from?
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Talk about totally random. Damn, this guy must have really pissed off Karma at some point.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

What the heck? lol. What happened?
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

That is what happens to a set of duelies of a semi-tractor trailer if the hub has no lubrication.

The bearings will overheat and seize, usually the wheels will just lock up on the axle and stop rolling, but if the trailer or tractor is really heavy they can snap the end of the axle right off, seems thats what happened here.

That set of duelies can weigh roughly 300 to 500 pounds, and rolling along at 30 to 50 mph, I'm very suprised he was even conscious after that.

Part of my job is driving tractor-trailers which by law requires us to inspect and maintain our equipment to insure this doesn't happen ever, the driver of the truck this came off of could be charged with negligence or man slaughter if the person died, along with the company he works for.

What a nightmare.

VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

World War Woodi wrote:That is what happens to a set of duelies of a semi-tractor trailer if the hub has no lubrication.

The bearings will overheat and seize, usually the wheels will just lock up on the axle and stop rolling, but if the trailer or tractor is really heavy they can snap the end of the axle right off, seems thats what happened here.

That set of duelies can weigh roughly 300 to 500 pounds, and rolling along at 30 to 50 mph, I'm very suprised he was even conscious after that.

Part of my job is driving tractor-trailers which by law requires us to inspect and maintain our equipment to insure this doesn't happen ever, the driver of the truck this came off of could be charged with negligence or man slaughter if the person died, along with the company he works for.

What a nightmare.

So we live in the same county AND have similar jobs? :o :)
I must say though, those tires look more like they came off a pickup. My work truck tires come up to my waist. I was heading north on I-5 through Fife in Feb., minding my own business, and all of a sudden I see a tire comming right at me accross the mediun, if I had been 10 seconds slower, it would have nailed my cab. It so happened it hit the pickup in the lane to my left about 25 feet behind me right above the grill. That one came off a pickup heading south.

PS.. who do you drive for or are you an owner/operator?
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by d3jake »

Dedman wrote:Talk about totally random. Damn, this guy must have really pissed off Karma at some point.
That would be the ultimate way to get back at somebody if you're karma...
Pissed at some guy? No problem. Just roll a random set of tires at him! :twisted:
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Ouch

I bet the guy got a broken leg or a twisted ankle out of it, notice how he stays down after he's hit.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Being covered in petrol would scare me more than being hit by the wheel!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Bet that was the biggest surprise that guy got all year.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Dedman »

Mobius wrote:Being covered in petrol would scare me more than being hit by the wheel!
Nah, gasoline washes off. It doesn't even burn the skin much if you wash it off reasonably quickly. A blown out knee or crushed pelvis, now that's forever.
DKnight
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DKnight »

Wow... I definitely feel bad for that guy. That came out of no where. How do you prepare for something like that? lol