Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter now available for PC

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter now available for PC

Post by Diedel »

Since when? Just found out about this. This is a game I definitely need to have. GR was one of the greatest games I've ever played.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

yes but after GR 1 the gameplay became closer to tomb raider. It was more about action than strategy. It's become a kids game...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Issac, I recommend that you go get the demo. It's wonderful.

You now lead team of 4 (yourself included). It's about directing troups. the action is fast and the AI is smart.

If you DO get the demo?...watch the roofs. ; )

When you get right down to it, these are all just games. Everyone's value of entertainment varies.

Diedle, for a couple of days. Almost a week.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Duper wrote:Issac, I recommend that you go get the demo. It's wonderful.

You now lead team of 4 (yourself included). It's about directing troups. the action is fast and the AI is smart.

If you DO get the demo?...watch the roofs. ; )

When you get right down to it, these are all just games. Everyone's value of entertainment varies.

Diedle, for a couple of days. Almost a week.
Downloading...
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

If I remember correctly, you were leading a team of 4 (including self) in GR (2?), too. I loved the game. It wasn't quite as good in my eyes as Operation Flashpoint (where you get to lead squads of up to 8 people, and can drive tanks and pilot choppers in later stages of the game, plus having the expansive game area), but it still was great, and one of my fondest gaming memories.

Actually, I don't want too much strategy in a 1st person game. If I want strategy, I play an RTS. GR was just fine for me. If you want 1st person strategy, play the SWAT games - 1 hour of planning, and 5 minutes of watching whether your plan works or not. :P

Edit:

Just finished the demo. Verdict: GRAWESOME!

Gotta buy it. Heck, that's exactly my kind of game. :D
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yeah. this isn't a big stratagy game. That's Rainbow 6. and that's been dumbed down for us slackers. ;)