Bold Deceiver Banned?

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Should Bold Deceiver be banned forever?

Poll ended at Fri May 12, 2006 8:05 pm

The Dude is clearly republican. Ban him forever.
14%
Hey, he's not so bad. Why Ban BD?
29%
Who is Bold Deceiver, and why do we care whether he's banned?
57%

Total votes: 14
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Bold Deceiver Banned?

Post by Bold Deceiver »

C'mon now. You don't BAN Bold Deceiver. I haven't played more than twice in the past three months. And I'm not GOOD enough to be banned. I don't swear, I don't whine... but here I is -- banned.

I've never actually seen it before -- some big-ass yellow lettering on my D3 screen that says \"BANNED\". I'm just tryin' to join the Descent Retirement Home for Veins; not trying to subvert the gubbament for hecks' sake.

Any advice?

Yours very truly,

BD
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

this is more of a D3 server and serverop topic...

moving...
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

What server where you on? It could be you had an IP address that was banned due to known 'hackers' and you're an innocent victim. Do you know what your address was (or is) at the time and were you using this pilot name? The D3 server tool automatically bans pre defined pilot names and IP addresses but it's not instant some times.

RC
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That server op has somewhat of a reputation of being a little ban-happy sometimes. From what I've heard, the bans are usually removed after a day or two.

(And you know you set yourself up with that first option. :P)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I've occasionally found myself banned from DRH as well. Server op runs a tight ship and occasionally will give out short-term bans for very (VERY) minor offenses.
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bold Deceiver »

Thanks. I'm thinking it can't be something I said or did -- I just haven't played the game in literally months. Unless of course it has something to do with my politics .... :)

Richard Cranium -- I didn't nail down which server -- other than Descent Retirement Home (Veins).

I'll give it a go again and see what happens. My guess is that my IP address matches up badly with some other kookle. I don't have enough real sophistication in these matters to even identify my IP -- but I know it's dynamic and I can restart it. I'll do that and let you guys know.

Thanks for responding,

Joe
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bold Deceiver »

Still banned! Rebooted my router and logged in under a different name.

I feel so honored. One dollar for the identity of the server-op who bans BD!!!

Thanks,

BD
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Bold Deceiver Banned?

Post by Money! »

Bold Deceiver wrote:Who is Bold Deceiver, and why do we care whether he's banned?
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

I'm currently banned as well..and I have no clue how to get in contact with the server.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Is Bold Deceiver being modest? Because I can understand Javed being banned because he is pretty damn good; is there a possibility that Bold's being modest is the reason we can't figure out why he is banned?
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

SOmetimes I get banned from there too... awkward!
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

:( I must really suck, I have never experianced the honor of \"teh ban\". :cry:
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Try posting at the DescentForum ServerOp forum. I know the DRH admin(s) will periodically check there, and they're generally pretty good about responding to questions about bans.
Sir Sam II
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sir Sam II »

All I know is that I was in it last night also (D3RH Veins) & next thing I know I am dissed. I try joining again & it kept looping, only that server to. If you want 18 players you cant keep kicking them.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

I had the same problem with that server. My post here fixed it.

EDIT: hmm, that's funny. I don't see my posts on that forum any more. Either way, the ban was lifted from me.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

DHR uses no SSAC, you were banned because you did not have the required speed hack!! Or you killed one of the Ops buddies once too often!!

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by SuperSheep »

BUBBALOU wrote:DHR uses no SSAC, you were banned because you did not have the required speed hack!! Or you killed one of the Ops buddies once too often!!
Too true! :D

How many times I and others have seen the OP flying through walls? More times than I can count.

You guys want a real server, go to VonRC's excellent servers. High speed, low ping, with AC, and not a ban happy server op around. What more can u ask for?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

So True,SS

But all the D3 Noobiez can not tell the difference and they love to play on that server.

A server with a HackedOP and Hacked OPBuds and all.....

Ultimate GHEY! (BTW Folks truth hurts)

------------------------------------------------

Permissible C/S is the only way to go with SSAC and Accurates on

D2 Style - - NO Hacks, NO Wireless lameness (Thorne-Comback Kid-2Wire-GGL), NO LPB's with no PPS
pATCheS
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pATCheS »

I remember getting banned from every shaker server when I was on dialup. I'd gotten to the point where I could dodge a shaker in a fraction of a second, using a movement too close to the shaker to make the dodge apparent, and too short to hardly even register on other players' computers. On occasion, I would go to a friend's house with cable, but the desk I had to use was small and uncomfortable, so I played like crap and people would all say \"HA, now that you have low ping, you SUCK! stupid hacker!\" Then when I moved into an area with broadband and got a usable setup going, it took me all of a couple hours to adapt, and I was back to kicking ass. At which point everyone just said \"he figured out how to make his hack work on low ping! ban him!\"

It's sad when people get beat down for excellence. Only two other pilots that I know of have learned how to dodge shakers the way I do, and they received similar treatment. :|

Ah well, Descent is in the last throes of death. I'm going to miss it forever. I hope a mod for Core Decision will give me some more shaker goodness :)
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Bold Deceiver »

Money! wrote:Is Bold Deceiver being modest? Because I can understand Javed being banned because he is pretty damn good; is there a possibility that Bold's being modest is the reason we can't figure out why he is banned?
Heheh. I'm a moderate player on my best day -- and that's only because I've been playing for like 10 years (lord help me -- I still suck).

But I do love the game. Yes I do.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

dont feel bad bold, nybro bans everybody
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

I know and have met BD personally. He is not the kind of person to pull anything like that.

--g8
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

Instig8 wrote:I know and have met BD personally. He is not the kind of person to pull anything like that.

--g8
And we have to take your word on that???? ;)
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Instig8 wrote:I know and have met BD personally. He is not the kind of person to pull anything like that.

--g8
X3 and yes I guess I'm asking you to take my word on it, for what's worth like 1 .5 cents .

Good Ol'Intrepid (BD) goes back to the beginning of the Descent Rangers.

KB