Do some people's habits drive you crazy?!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Cyclone
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Do some people's habits drive you crazy?!

Post by Cyclone »

Some people just anoy the hell out of me lol.

There is this guy in my class that sniffles every 4-5 seconds(I timed them) :P for the past 4 months and when the room is all quite all i can hear sniff sniff. god! Blow your nose

Lol maybe it's just me. But I find it hard to concentrate.

Anyone have similer habits that drive you nuts?
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Yes, \"lol\" is not a ****ing word.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Cyclone, I have a similar problem and blowing my nose won't help. It's due to the nasal passage not being of equal size in both nostrils. And allergies don't help the matter.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Xamindar »

Topher wrote:Yes, "lol" is not a ****ing word.
lol
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

el oh el!
-Unix
My Music
Cyclone
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cyclone »

LOL

Anyways, people should stay on the topic.... I'm sure there are habits that drive other people crazy.

CDN_Merlin that would suck. I'm curious do you have a link about it.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

I can't think of anything that annoys me at the moment but I had a friend/room mate that went crazy if I clipped my fingernails around him. If he had any idea it was going on, such as seeing it or hearing the \"click\" sound he went bollistic. He absolutly hated it. It was kinda funny.

Also, I know a few people in this forum can't stand seing mispeled wurds.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Cyclone, I don't have a link, I have the problem. They tried to correct it by moving my nose bone over when I was about 12 but any little knock would dislodge it soon after the operation. Hence to say I must of knocked it because one nostril is bigger than the other.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Xamindar wrote:Also, I know a few people in this forum can't stand seing mispeled wurds.
Wonder who that could be? :roll:

*cough*Mobius*cough*
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

My boss has a bad habit. When he stops at a red light, he lets go of the brake, rolls 1/2 foot, hits the brake and keeps doing this until the light changes.

People who interrupt me when I talk.

People who can't admit they are wrong and argue a point forever. (ie:wareagle) :D

Sorry, I had to stick that last one in.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

My \"supervisor\" smokes 3 packs a day, often while I am driving around in the truck and pretty much always when I am in the shop. Even with the windows open it doesnt help much. #1 most irritating habit ever.
Cyclone
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cyclone »

Well Merlin I apologize if my first post offended you. :cry:

Birds can be anoying. I wake up at 5:45 every morning becuase the birds start chirping outside my window.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Cyclone, no need to apologize, I wasn't offended. Maybe the way I typed made it seem so but I wasn't.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Tricord »

CDN_Merlin wrote:My boss has a bad habit. When he stops at a red light, he lets go of the brake, rolls 1/2 foot, hits the brake and keeps doing this until the light changes.
If he knows what he's doing it's not a bad habit. When you brake hard, your brake pads get very hot. If you keep your brake pads locked after a standstill, they will keep the brake disc underneath hot while the rest of the disc cools down. This can lead to warped brake discs. If you let your car roll for a few feet you won't have that problem.

Of course, it's pretty much useless in stop-and-go traffic, it's a race trick.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

I can't stand people smoking in the house. I usually only complain when I start smelling the smoke coming into my bedroom. Smokers are the reason why I keep my bedroom door and office door shut and the food in the fridge. I don't want my stuff smelling like cigs. and I wouldn't eat something that smells like cig. smoke.

Another thing I can't stand is when they make a mess of things and don't clean up after themselves. Especially when they don't even live with us. -.-
Cyclone
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cyclone »

Yea I hear ya Kiran. My father has a bunch of rental properties and the most common type of damage is from cigarette smoke. I find the properties always smell and the walls and ceiling are always yellow. Imagine what it's doing to your lungs!
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by Mobius »

Topher wrote:Yes, "lol" is not a ****ing word.
You're right: "lol" has nothing to do with ★■◆●ing at all. It has to do with humour. And strictly speaking, of course LOL is a word, even though it is almost never spoken, only written and read.

New English words are, by definition, any words which English speakers use. This is one o fthe great things about English.

Cyclone, your classmate is suffering from post nasal drip. This is a medical condition, and for many people, there is no cure. He's probably snorting back half a litre of mucus a day, and even if he carried handkerchiefs, he'd fill 20 in a day, and then you'd be complaining that he blows his nose every 5 seconds. My boss has it, and it bugs the crap out of me too.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Mobius wrote:
New English words are, by definition, any words which English speakers use. This is one o fthe great things about English.
You made a mistake in this one Mobius. 20 pushups for us now.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

there's a spray that can control post nasal drip.
Wareagle
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wareagle »

Merlin I haven't seen a canadian that couldn't argue no matter how wrong they are .
Thanks for bringing our fight in Kali into here I thought we had a truce obvious we don't. So know i find it fair for me to speak my mind in here on you and your tactics. You had you friends stop it last time. I do expect MD and Ferno to intervene on this. Seem you 3 have a cult going :)
The WAR is back on in kali Merlin
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Wareagle wrote:Merlin I haven't seen a canadian that couldn't argue no matter how wrong they are .
Thanks for bringing our fight in Kali into here I thought we had a truce obvious we don't. So know i find it fair for me to speak my mind in here on you and your tactics. You had you friends stop it last time. I do expect MD and Ferno to intervene on this. Seem you 3 have a cult going :)
The WAR is back on in kali Merlin
Is english foreign to you Wareagle?
Wareagle
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wareagle »

dont know but an english google spell cked it
★■◆●
Wareagle
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wareagle »

Merlin cheaters drive me crazy and as flatout forum states and in your on words YOU cheated so suck up big boy ure a cheater now
Wareagle
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wareagle »

its ok merlin i just went to forum on flatout thet are still rocking ure ass for hacking and cheating so go and find a new crew
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Aww War, don't be so offended by Merlin. Lots of people can't stand you. :P
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

Xamindar wrote:Also, I know a few people in this forum can't stand seing mispeled wurds.
Errrm ... lol!
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re: Do some people's habits drive you crazy?!

Post by MD-2389 »

Cyclone wrote:There is this guy in my class that sniffles every 4-5 seconds(I timed them) :P for the past 4 months and when the room is all quite all i can hear sniff sniff. god! Blow your nose

Lol maybe it's just me. But I find it hard to concentrate.

Anyone have similer habits that drive you nuts?
Gah, you're not the only one dude. Its one thing if they can't help it, but to purposefully go on sniffling and snorting when theres a box of tissues mere feet away....thats sheer laziness. Its feally frakking annoying when you're trying to take a final and all you can hear is *snort*. :P

Another thing that irks me are people that stand RIGHT infront of the damn door with a damn cigarette in their damn hand. RIGHT infront of the no-smoking signs. Scuse me douchebags, but if you want to light up, MOVE AWAY FROM THE DAMN DOOR! I have absolutely no desire to smell that crap, nor do I want to smell LIKE it.

Lastly, people with ringing phones in the movie theaters. Why do people feel they have to have their phones on full blast while the movie is still playing and then feel they have to carry on a conversation?! If you have someone you need to get in touch with, then MAKE IT A BLOCKBUSTER NIGHT! FFS! If you want to have a conversation, then leave the damn theatre so the rest of us can enjoy the movie!
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

wareagle, use the PM system, as we really don't give a care.
Wareagle
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wareagle »

hi flip how are you old buddy
I see you are another Canadian. Nice to meet you
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Wareagle wrote:its ok merlin i just went to forum on flatout thet are still rocking ure ass for hacking and cheating so go and find a new crew
haha, I never knew you cared so much as to track down the web sites I visit. I wuv you.