Rumsfeld's Slip of the Tongue...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Rumsfeld's Slip of the Tongue...

Post by Unix »

Flight 93 shot down?

I dunno...discuss.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Freudian slip....maybe.
Or perhaps a man who works daily from a military perspective who during his whole long life the only way an enemy had ever taken down a plane was to 'shoot\" it down simply mis-spoke and used the word he was most familiar with when describing an enemy taking a plane down.

I still call them albums when everyone knows they are CD's....Bush said there were internets...does that mean he has secretly concealed the other networks from us?
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Just a stupid goof seems most likely. BUT, lets give the conspiracy theorists the benefit of the doubt on this one. I wouldn't be shocked if the flight over penn had been shot down. What else can you do with a plane targeted at a building, the civilians are dead either way. And THAT is something I could believe them covering up. Not great for public relations to admit you shot down a plane full of your own citizens, even if it WAS the right thing to do. Much better to make up a story about the passengers heroicly attacking the terrorists and a crash resulting during the fight.

Now, no, I don't believe the plane was shot down. We have a lot of civilians on the ground whos family members in the plane told them they were going to attack. So the story as is makes the most sense and wins according to Occams Razor. BUT, at least this particular conspiracy theory isn't blatantly illogical on it's face, I can come up with scenerios where it could be done and covered up. I don't think it WAS, but it is at least possible. And that puts it WAY ahead of the entire \"the government blew up the buildings\" theory.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Listen closely to it ... no need to make a nountain out of a mole hill. He says \"the people who attacked the U.S. in New York and shot down the plane over Pennsylvania\". He is talking about it in the context of the terrorists downing it ... not the U.S. It's just a simple goof.

To think conspiracy on this one you would have to be a total retard.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I don't know guys. I think it may be the concrete proof of a vast government conspiracy and cover-up that the Michael Moore crowd had been looking for. It looks like the smoking gun to me. :roll:
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

You see, I like stuff like this. You guys freaked out more than someone like myself did. You're right, it was probably just a mishap, it happens, I mean when Clinton said he didn't have sex, he must have just meant he didn't have actual sex. Dang mishaps...