Wall texture Over All Doors in Game

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Kabalist
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Wall texture Over All Doors in Game

Post by Kabalist »

I've played D2 since 1996 and just installed your D2x-xl version 1.6.65 today. I've got everything to work to my satisfaction with my 2.67 GHz Windows XP PC except an obvious bug that involves all opening doors in the game. The door opens and instead of seeing into the next room I only see a wall texture that I can fly through. My video card is a Radeon X800 with the latest drivers and I followed the installation instructions to the letter. I saw a post by author Master Xan regarding this issue but I didn't see a resolution. I looked through countless pages of the numerous threads and couldn't find anything else regarding this topic. My time is valuable, I've already spent 3 hours poring over this forum looking for a resolution. I would appreciate it if someone can help me with this problem, or point me to the specific place in this forum where I can find a solution.

Thank You
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

My time is precious too, and I am spending a lot more of on maintaining D2X-XL and trying to keep this forum area halfway tidy than you can dream of.

Please read the announcement at the top of this forum area and follow the instructions posted there in the future. ;)

You can edit the file d2x.ini from your descent folder and replace the line '-gl_alttexmerge 1' with '-gl_alttexmerge 0'. That should help.