Descent Statistics

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Descent Statistics

Post by Kilarin »

Hey, did everyone else know this site exists?
http://www.d3stats.de/?order=LastSeen&d ... &limit=100

It not only gives you overall statistics, but you can click on a particular player and view how they have been doing over time. (looks like I've been improving a LITTLE bit at least!) :)

It's got an very interesting approach to scoring, You get more points for killing a good player and almost no points for wasting a newbie.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Since day 1
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

No wonder I always lose to smiddy! Which servers report this info though? All of them?
Why doesn't it work?
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

Dang, I dont even have stats anymore, Maybe its time I loaded D3 and started playing again.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

dang!! And another thing! Now I have to stop joining random empty servers and killing myself because no one is in the level. :evil:
Why doesn't it work?
catch22
DBB LAN Nut
DBB LAN Nut

Post by catch22 »

I'm a bit confused as to where these numbers are coming from.

Can't find \"Catch-22\" but my alter ego \"lag\" exists ...

EDIT: Read \"About\", answered my question.
Catch-22

<FONT> Frankly, I think the whole society is nuts...The question is: What does a sane person do in an insane society? -Joseph Heller</FONT>
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I've known about it too. What I don't understand is why I have so many names when I look up mine. I only use one name.

Bee
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Hmm...apparently, I haven't really played much in the past 100 days. :P
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Descent Statistics

Post by Dedman »

Kilarin wrote:It's got an very interesting approach to scoring, You get more points for killing a good player and almost no points for wasting a newbie.
Just like College Football and equally as pointless. Cool site though.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

WOW! :o
I'm in there!

Though I wish I could have seen the stats 5 to 7 years ago! I played more back then. ;)
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Mine says last seen in 2004 :(
Sir Sam II
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sir Sam II »

Yea they look like they are from very recent for me, I have played WAY more then 15 hours even in the past 3 months.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Only certain servers participate.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Xamindar wrote:Which servers report this info though? All of them?
Check the "Servers" link on the page. It shows which servers are reporting stats.

Note: the stats get updated daily, and some servers only send stats once every few days, so it sometimes takes a while for one's stats to get updated.
Bet51987 wrote:What I don't understand is why I have so many names when I look up mine. I only use one name.
Well, if you do a search for "Bettina", you'll get a few results (one of which is you, the others were those players who put "bettina" in their pilot names to harass you).

But if you click on yours, it only shows the one pilot, "bettina".

Note: If you're like me and have multiple pilot names (I fly as 'Foil', 'Phoil', and 'FoilTanker' depending on which ship I'm flying), you can send a request to Munk, and he'll associate them together.

I'm a Mathematics guy, so I think there's a better way to compare the relative value of these stats (that argument could go on forever), but it's really an awesome tool. Since I didn't start playing D3 multiplayer much until after PXO died, I never had a way to track my improvement until I heard about Munk's stats site.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Its funny about that, some pilots used my name and it shows on my list of aliases heh i.e \"behemouth\" was not me
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Apparently then, someone sent a request to Munk to have the stats from \"behemouth\" associated to the rest of your stats.

I would have guessed it was an enemy of yours, except that \"behemouth\" has an efficiency of over 75%! Whoever it was did you a favor.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

think it was bunyip since hes obsessed with the moth thing ; )
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

LOL!

Bunyip IS a moth...

But he never used Behemouth as an alias.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

heh heh, you caught my pun, bun :)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Foil wrote:
Xamindar wrote:Which servers report this info though? All of them?
Check the "Servers" link on the page. It shows which servers are reporting stats.

Note: the stats get updated daily, and some servers only send stats once every few days, so it sometimes takes a while for one's stats to get updated.
Bet51987 wrote:What I don't understand is why I have so many names when I look up mine. I only use one name.
Well, if you do a search for "Bettina", you'll get a few results (one of which is you, the others were those players who put "bettina" in their pilot names to harass you).

But if you click on yours, it only shows the one pilot, "bettina".

Note: If you're like me and have multiple pilot names (I fly as 'Foil', 'Phoil', and 'FoilTanker' depending on which ship I'm flying), you can send a request to Munk, and he'll associate them together.

I'm a Mathematics guy, so I think there's a better way to compare the relative value of these stats (that argument could go on forever), but it's really an awesome tool. Since I didn't start playing D3 multiplayer much until after PXO died, I never had a way to track my improvement until I heard about Munk's stats site.
OMG! I didn't realize you could click on your name and get all the other info. :o I never even thought of it! I only looked at the first page every time I did look. :x This is really kool....

BTW Those other names weren't "those" kind of harrasers. They were always ok when they played under those names but I just didn't understand why they were tied in with mine but I do now. :)

Bee
Munk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Munk »

Behemoth wrote:Its funny about that, some pilots used my name and it shows on my list of aliases heh i.e "behemouth" was not me
Foil wrote:Apparently then, someone sent a request to Munk to have the stats from "behemouth" associated to the rest of your stats.
From time to time I look for new pilot names which comes up into play and try to associate some of them to already existing pilots.
While some names only differ in punctuation or clan tags, it's obviously that they mean the same pilot. Of course this need not always be correct as in your case.

So noone is trying to cheat you in sending you names. But please understand that I cannot put up a system where players can connect their names by themselves. Then this could be really messy in stealing names from here and there...
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Oh dont mind me munk, thank you for your time in providing something like this. :)
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

moth doesn't want anyone questioning his skill level :)
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Behemoth wrote:...munk, thank you for your time in providing something like this. :)
X2 !!! :D