test

Testing area for the DBB members and staff!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

test

Post by Isaac »

Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

Thank you for that test.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

im really working on something. you see the space between each row... that's what i needed to know.

What im doing is making a big video play with little memory. Imagine each gif being a tv. If nothing is moving on that square it can just hold it's picture till it's time to change again. I can have a 640x480 video play on a forum using gifs being less than 800 k to play ;)
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

yeah but they will all be playing at different rates. They all will not load at the same time.
Why doesn't it work?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

maybe... but if you have all the gifs hold the first frame for about 10 seconds it might work. of course they would all say loading.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

If you're not planning on posting it here, then you could use JavaScript to load the images and then play them.

But you are aware that this is how video codecs work, right? Part of what they do is determine what data has not appreciably changed between keyframes and just don't encode the data for that region.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

DCrazy wrote:If you're not planning on posting it here, then you could use JavaScript to load the images and then play them.

But you are aware that this is how video codecs work, right? Part of what they do is determine what data has not appreciably changed between keyframes and just don't encode the data for that region.
Oh this is just for posting in this forum. Yeah im a wmv man my self.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

DCrazy wrote:If you're not planning on posting it here, then you could use JavaScript to load the images and then play them.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Isaac wrote:Yeah im a wmv man my self.
wmv is not advisable if you are talking about video files. Use a more open format. Some people will not be able to play wmv files.
Why doesn't it work?