new songs

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

tris
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

new songs

Post by tris »

been doing a couple of recording thingys the last few days and recorded a couple songs ive composed, their nothing heavy but im rather proud of them so far and how theyve come out. all my own work, my singing, my guitar, my drums my lyrics

http://www.myspace.com/gregoryscott42

can listen and if you have a myspace you can comment on my page, or you can comment right here in DBB :)

would be nice to know what people think
. . . and they shall know no fear . . .
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Myspace.com is everything that's wrong with the world today.
tris
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by tris »

hey im not proud, its free web space though :/
. . . and they shall know no fear . . .
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Aww, Myspace isn't that bad. It's blogs that I really hate.
Why doesn't it work?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I dont want to offend any one who likes myspace.com (wich is most of the country.... soon the world...) it just highlights what's wrong with the world today... I will start a new post on this later, but for the moment, allow me to go off topic.

Children in this day and age don't have very good social skills, for the fact that they can't run an play in the street and many public schools are taking recess away, isn’t helping. Parents are the ones who arrange play dates, so kids don’t even have to go threw the process of meeting people in the real world and relating to them. Myspace feeds off this because it forces you search for people with similar interests, who live in your area. People with good social skills can make friends with just about anyone and can be interesting no matter how different the other person is. Back in the time of Christ or Rome, you will see how much people loved to just sit and talk. Back then you didn’t only know that being friendly and virtuous was how to behave but you knew how. And you knew how to debate with others and talk at great lengths on subjects about the simplest things. Today kids (statistics show it’s mostly boys. Girls are neurologically hardwired to have good social skills) cant even understand why that telling jokes in a room full of upset people is wrong. I don’t think my social skills are very good but I try hard to be interesting and attentive who ever I meet. I have to more to say on this, but you should now know why I protest against myspace.com
tris
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by tris »

stick to the topic please, i dont want a rant about how ★■◆● myspace is, thx
Badboy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Badboy »

nice tris, i like them, myspace is alright its like he said free hosting :P :D
Thank You
- [NuB2]Badboy, Team NuB - Member

http://www.nfz.v8web.com/
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Well, here's what I see so far (I'll give a deeper listen soon):
  1. You can't sing well (no worries, I can't sing at all), maybe it's because you're not singing at full volume, and not traveling around far enough. Your voice lacks power and variation -- try singing louder!
  2. You seem to use a lot of the same chords and very similar progressions; but it worked for Neil Young...
  3. The timing on the keyboard part on Pay the Man (the most interesting song, I believe) is off. Might be the attack for the patch you're playing. Also, it's too staccato, try extending some of the notes a bit. A little bit of contrast between longer notes and the short \"poppy\" notes would be great.
Overall, great start, better than anything I could compose...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

<<< Myspace free.

my space is in my bedroom that has a freekin wood DOOR. ;)
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

★■◆● a Myspace. I don't do that ★■◆●.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ok i just joined myspace. It's not as bad...i guess i was pissed off when i quit