D2X-XL Bug Reports - Mac OS X

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Ok, I'll fix it myself. :roll:

Done. ;)
rampancy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by rampancy »

Thanks for the help, everyone - it turns out that once I took my d2x.ini file out of my Data folder and into the root level of my D2X folder, the textures worked! Go figure.

I still can't get the custom menu screen, but it's no big problem to me.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Maybe simX can do a little debugging and find out where D2X-XL is looking for custom menu backgrounds on a Mac.
simX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by simX »

Diedel wrote:Maybe simX can do a little debugging and find out where D2X-XL is looking for custom menu backgrounds on a Mac.
Just did so. Menu backgrounds work for me. Note that you should probably add a "-altbg_name menubg.tga" line to your d2x.ini file (now that it's working :) ), and you should also make sure that your background image is in uncompressed RGB/RGBA .tga format.

(You can find a test .tga image by downloading this batch of wallpapers made by Aus-RED-5.)
rampancy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by rampancy »

Sorry to report this but I think I have another bug...

The game seems to crash when I exit Level 4 in D2. Can you reproduce this, simX?

I'll try to use a fresh copy to see if a reinstall works.

EDIT: Sorry, this it's Level 5, not 4. Furthermore, there's this odd thing where I can't seem to switch from the Gauss to the Vulcan Cannon.
simX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by simX »

rampancy wrote:Sorry to report this but I think I have another bug...

The game seems to crash when I exit Level 4 in D2. Can you reproduce this, simX?

I'll try to use a fresh copy to see if a reinstall works.

EDIT: Sorry, this it's Level 5, not 4. Furthermore, there's this odd thing where I can't seem to switch from the Gauss to the Vulcan Cannon.
The reason you can't switch from the Gauss to the Vulcan is because you probably have Smart Weapon Switch enabled in Gameplay Options. Turn it off, and you'll be able to switch between them fine. (It's there because there's no real reason to prefer the vulcan over the gauss if you have both, since the gauss is more powerful. I guess if you're afraid of hitting yourself with the gauss while too close to walls, though. :P )

I'll check out the crash on level 5.

EDIT: No, I can't reproduce this crash on exiting level 5. If you can continually reproduce it, please save the game right before you exit the reactor, and then send the saved game to me. ( simX [underscore] other [at] mac [dawt] com )
rampancy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by rampancy »

simX wrote: The reason you can't switch from the Gauss to the Vulcan is because you probably have Smart Weapon Switch enabled in Gameplay Options. Turn it off, and you'll be able to switch between them fine. (It's there because there's no real reason to prefer the vulcan over the gauss if you have both, since the gauss is more powerful. I guess if you're afraid of hitting yourself with the gauss while too close to walls, though. :P )
I did a fresh reinstall and I moved from level 5 to level 6 without a hitch - maybe it was a corrupt saved game file or something. And about Smart Weapon Switch - I really didn't know that at all. And you're right, I often do find myself running into walls while firing more often than not... :)
rampancy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by rampancy »

Well, here I am again.

I'm right now in Level 12, and I seem to be running into an annoying problem - whenever I shoot one of the control panels in the room with the blue key, the game crashes. Sometimes I get an \"invalid polygon count\" error message, or it just unexpectedly quits.

I've tried reloading from fresh saved games, and tried disabling textures, and nothing seems to work.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Please use the support ticket system - see announcements.