Weapon Model shots

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

DizzyRox
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Weapon Model shots

Post by DizzyRox »

Question for anyone modeling or anyone whom can help me solution this photoshop wise..
Jus curious
How hard would it be to make quick shape or low detail models of the weapons and make their certain framed spin ani's,Id sure give anything to get my hands on the single frames of these weapons spinning with crisper edges.The outside edge is so rough in the games original textures it seems it will be hard (time consuming) to keep the outside edges from moving/crawling during the spin ,Or I really just dont know how to go about it exactly yet, one of those, ill cross the road when I get there things.
I could be blowing this out of proportion,it jus seems like itll be tough and not as precise without model shots.
thanks
Dizzy
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re: Weapon Model shots

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

DizzyRox wrote:Question for anyone modeling or anyone whom can help me solution this photoshop wise..
Jus curious
How hard would it be to make quick shape or low detail models of the weapons and make their certain framed spin ani's,Id sure give anything to get my hands on the single frames of these weapons spinning with crisper edges.The outside edge is so rough in the games original textures it seems it will be hard (time consuming) to keep the outside edges from moving/crawling during the spin ,Or I really just dont know how to go about it exactly yet, one of those, ill cross the road when I get there things.
I could be blowing this out of proportion,it jus seems like itll be tough and not as precise without model shots.
thanks
Dizzy
Using Descent 3 models.
I ripped this into D2X-XL.
Download

Its a W.I.P. at the moment. ;)
simX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Weapon Model shots

Post by simX »

Aus-RED-5 wrote: Using Descent 3 models.
I ripped this into D2X-XL.
Meh, I don't like the look of that one. It looks like a crayon, with its bright blue color. I think a realistic redo of the Descent 2 homing missile would look better.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

That is a little over-blue. I think it got brightened in the conversion. It looks ..oh wait, you can tell I haven't played in a while, It looks about the same in-game.
=Tempest=
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by =Tempest= »

Or we could make powerups have models instead of the silly anis they are now. I hate how, when you roll, all the powerups on the screen spin with you. Too arcade like...
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

I know it looks crap.
This is why I said it is a W.I.P (WORK IN PROGRESS). ;)

Its only to give an idea as to how it works. :roll:
Testiculese wrote:That is a little over-blue. I think it got brightened in the conversion. It looks ..oh wait, you can tell I haven't played in a while, It looks about the same in-game.
The image above is an ingame shot.
I made a gif out of the video I took from the game. :P :roll:
simX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by simX »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:I know it looks crap.
This is why I said it is a W.I.P (WORK IN PROGRESS). ;)
Just because it's a WIP doesn't mean I still can't call it crap. ;)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

simX,

one more word and we will unfortunately have to shoot you. :P

j/k ;)
AverageJoe
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by AverageJoe »

I do have to agree with simX. Just ripping models, textures and the like is really quite half assed. Plus his description of \"crayon\" fits really well too.
Searching for my head in vain...
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

The missile was just an exercise by Aus-RED, a proof of concept. Your remarks are pointless.