Mac users can now host D2X-XL games in .151...

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

simX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Mac users can now host D2X-XL games in .151...

Post by simX »

Just a post to let all the Mac users out there know -- version 1.6.151 now allows you to host netgames. Versions 1.6.130 to 1.6.150 only allowed you to join them. Diedel found the bug that was causing things to get messed up.

So.. in other words.. yay!
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

*does a little jig*

Yay, now if only there were netgames to be played, unless there have been since I last checked.
simX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by simX »

Shadowfury333 wrote:Yay, now if only there were netgames to be played, unless there have been since I last checked.
I mentioned this in a few other threads, but it's worth mentioning again. There've been consistent games for the past week and a half occurring from 8 PM to 1 AM PST, if you're able to join during that time. If not, I know sometimes there are one or two others on at different times, it's always worth it to just host a game and see if anyone joins.
=Tempest=
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by =Tempest= »

Can PC users join these games? I'd like to FINALLY play netgames with D2X-XL. If so, what tracker do you use?
simX
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by simX »

Yes, PC users have successfully joined my games. The 2 built-in trackers will suffice (and they are automatically enabled), since everybody who has D2X-XL will also automatically use these trackers.

As I said before, though, this never precluded you from playing netgames since version 1.6.130. It just prevented you from hosting them.
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Jsut out of curiosity, can people join games in progress, or must they join before the game starts?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Depends on what the server set. If he set an open game, they can enter games in progress w/o restriction. If he set a restricted game, they can try to enter a game in progress, but the server must admit them to the game. Closed games can only be entered during the forming stage, where the server picks participants from his player browser.

And if any of these settings do not work as described here, it's probably a bug. ;)