Battlestar returning on Friday

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Battlestar returning on Friday

Post by Jon the Great »

If you've never seen the show but heard great things about it, definitely check it out.
The beginning of season 3 would be a great place to start.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I just first found out about these webisodes the other day:
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/webisodes/

There are already nine, each about two minutes each, and the tenth and final one is supposed to be out sometime Thursday/today.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I might just have to sit down and watch a full episode. I've heard so many amazing things about the series, but I've only been able to catch snippets of it in the past. From what I've seen, the space battles are pretty much the best that anyone's ever pulled off. :)
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

It's about time.

Yeah, the space battles are utterly amazing. Unfortunately, there aren't very many of them. But it's understandable, considering how expensive the show is.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I finally watched season 2 ending last week. I was to scared to watch it when it aired on TV. But I'm dying to see season 3. Still have to buy season 1-2 on DVD.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Bit Torrent is my friend.

These shows will air in New Zealand sometime in late 2007 I imagine.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I had to d/l them also since we were 6 months behind in episodes. But now we are even as it starts at the same time as the US channels.
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

I watched them on Friday and torrent them on Saturday so I can watch them again whenever I want to.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Battlestar is great. I personally think it's the best scifi tv show made. Every episode, things only get worse!!!
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

It was ok. I liked the first season for a once through. I heard some good and bad reviews of Season 2. It's kind of expensive and I don't have cable. I'm debating on Season 2. As for the best Sci Fi show made.... nah. I still give that to Firefly.

Somehow I just find the characters slightly distastefull other than Adama and the genius, whatever his name is. The guy that looks acts exactly like the guy from Deep Space Nine. :P Sadly I think he is mostly a slimeball weasel. I mean, the show is ok but I just can't get much into the cast and the morbid, depressing theme is overated and rehashed to the extreme. Doesn't mean I won't watch Season 2 but I still just can't get into it in the same way that I managed to get into Firefly, which was very unique and full of likable and interesting characters. :) There wasn't a single character on that show that I didn't like.

I understand that BSG is supposed to be a dark and seriouse storyline. I like the physics, the epic space battles, the ships and some of the characters. The story is pretty good, I'll admit, but it doesn't have any spark to it somehow.

It doesn't mean I don't like it's good points but it just means that I'm really in debate of if I should buy the DVD set of Season 2 or not as I can't view it on TV. :\\
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

I'm pickin' up the dvd's.

Oh, and nobody bother me this evening!
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Damn that was good. Everyone seems to hate Baltar, but I've always been fairly sympathetic to him and his plight.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

ok, so how many human model cylons have been identified so far? I think there were supposed to be twelve, right?

I still think Baltar is a deep cover cylon.
catch22
DBB LAN Nut
DBB LAN Nut

Post by catch22 »

6 models have been identified.
12 exist

Tigh is my new favorite character. (props to the crazy guy)
Catch-22

<FONT> Frankly, I think the whole society is nuts...The question is: What does a sane person do in an insane society? -Joseph Heller</FONT>
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

actually 7 models have been identified.
catch22
DBB LAN Nut
DBB LAN Nut

Post by catch22 »

Forgot about Lucy Lawless's character. Your right, 7 have been identified.
Catch-22

<FONT> Frankly, I think the whole society is nuts...The question is: What does a sane person do in an insane society? -Joseph Heller</FONT>
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

Heh, now Lawless is hardly the most forgetable :D

I thought you might be forgetting Simon. About 3/4 through the EP last night I turned to my girl to ask where was simon! Then there he was.

I have a lot of theories about the show. I'd like to discuss them here but there would be a lot of potential spoilers. I do not read spoiler sites but I have a feeling I could be on to a lot. Is there any interest in such a discussion?
catch22
DBB LAN Nut
DBB LAN Nut

Post by catch22 »

Good enough thread if any for it.
Catch-22

Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

Well, I'll throw some ideas out then...

Don't read this shiz if you haven't watched the episodes and you don't want spoilers. I've put em in tags so you have a choice. Also, there are no spoilers here regarding episodes that have not aired in the US. If you read these you are seeing only my theories and no bonafide spoilers for coming EPs.

After the season 1 episode called Flesh and Bone, I began to think for sure that the Cylon plan was not [spoiler]the destruction of mankind. Remember that the intro tells that the Cylons were created by man, evolved, etc. and that they have a plan. Notice that there is subtly no mention there of any intention to destroy humanity completely?[/spoiler].

It seemed to me that the Cylon plan was to [spoiler]convert humanity to monotheism. Even the term \"plan\" is pregnant with religious overtones[/spoiler].

Since the end of the 2nd season and start of the 3rd, I have come to modify this slightly and I'm thinking that [spoiler]individual Cylons have had the conversion aim, though others were bent on widespread human destruction[/spoiler]

Going back to the episode called 'Flesh and Bone'. The Cylon, Loeben Conoy has told Starbuck that [spoiler]Galactica will find Kobol and that Kobol will lead the humans to Earth. But how could he know this?[/spoiler] This is where it gets a little slippery...

[spoiler]I think there is great significance to the character of Loeben and his premonitions. I think that it is possible that Loeben knew Galactica would find Kobol because the Cylons were arranging for Galactica to find Kobol. I think the Cylons want the humans to find Earth. I think it's even possible that the Cylons have already found Earth and are just waiting for the humans to catch up![/spoiler]

Another possibility is [spoiler]that Leoben somehow is endowed with a power to see the future/past. Perhaps he has traveled into the past?[/spoiler] And a last consideration here is, [spoiler]what if the whole situation leading the Cylons to attack and pursue humanity is in fact utterly rooted in the divine intervention of the one true God?[/spoiler]

Well, enough of these musings for now. Post your thoughts. But please if you have actual spoilers instead of theories, please note that and tag 'em, cuz I don't want any actual spoilers myself regarding episodes that have not aired.