Minerva & Tumbler

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Minerva & Tumbler

Post by HeXetic »

(Cross-posted from the IC Website)

Give a warm welcome to vertigo-one, who's now received an \"official comission\" on the IC team for his work in re-creating the (beloved? hated?) Minerva for IC 003. I'll admit I had some doubts about whether he'd be able to pull it off, as by his own admission he's a novice with the Doom 3 tools, but you gotta hand it to him for not throwing in the towel and for taking his lumps like a man. The version of Minerva that'll ship with IC 003 will be (I think) his third complete rebuild of the map after we trashed the first two... so yeah, it should be ready to rock.

Though as a Descent map it isn't a heck of a lot to look at compared to what the Doom 3 engine can do, here are some WIP screenshots from last week's internal-test version to whet your appetite.

Image Image Image

Hopefully you old-skoolers will have some fun bouncing around in there.

Not to detract from vertigo-one's valiant efforts, but Jaspos' Tumbler map (another new one for IC 003) is ready to rock with a simply beautiful outdoor area that should be a blast to zip around in.

Image Image Image Image

We're holding on a finished AutoCannon pickup and some final updates to Minerva before IC 003 goes live, so don't worry - it's a-comin'!

*And, in completely random irony news, as I type the last few words of this newspost, what song has iTunes chosen to \"randomly\" play but the namesake of this very mod - Sonic Mayhem's Quake II track, \"Descent Into Cerberon\". Oh, to blast Stroggs from a Pyro...
HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HeXetic »

* Further musical irony update: As I was pasting in the IC newspost here, iTunes decided to play Robot Jungle from the Descent II soundtrack.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

WOW! :shock:
Looks really good. :)

Can't wait to try this version out. ;)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Nice, bright levels. :roll: Looks good - at least what you can see. :P