FreeSpace

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

FreeSpace

Post by Glowhyena »

I won Freespace then play FS: Silent Threat. That one mission is impossible named Silence All Voices. Do u remember that one mission? I destroyed all hostiles and bit-big enemy ship then Failured. WT*!?

Please, help me again! :( :)
MD1985
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

If I'm not mistaken, a few of the ships in that mission try to escape the battle area and get a message to Vasudan Command. You should recieve a message from Command warning you about this. Be sure to take those ships out first, before they can send out a distress signal.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Destroy bit-big ships first then fighters?
MD1985
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Actually, I think that there's one specific group of fighters that tries to head toward a communications ship in the area. Those are the ones you'll want to go after first. You should be getting some sort of in-game message about it.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

What stars on comm menu mean?

MD1985
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

To be honest, I've never been entirely sure what those mean. I believe they may represent conditions on exactly how your wingmates follow said order, but that's just a guess. I'll have to ask someone more knowledgable than myself about it.

Edit: Here's the thread I made about it at Hard Light Productions, complete with answer.
Bagheera
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Bagheera »

If I remember correctly, you want to go for two freiters, one will escape, but two more will remain You want to kill the Isis class freiter first(not sure if the name is right but the opposite one from the one in your gunsight), as soon as you do haul toward the second. I should be docked with something, and getting pummeled by watchdogs. If it is docked, sit still and UNLOAD on his a**, double missiles and double primaries. After that, mop up the fighters and you should win. You really should have some pheonix msls on this mission.
The BP Pilot.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Help! Last Level is too hard to win! I'm on medium skill/difficulty. I have few hull and wings,there's not enough! X_o
We tried to destroy its stupid five reactors! Enemy fighters can't stop appearing like hell! :x For 8 mins! I'm a captain and I'm ordering my wing to destroy reactors, enemy fighters,or to cover me. That makes me crazy! @_@ How I do that!?
MD1985
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Well, first of all, you probably should have done a better job of keeping your wingmates alive during The Great Hunt. :P There's an option in FS2 that allows you to replay the mission prior to a red-alert mission; I can't recall if it's available in FS1, but if it is, I'd highly advise it. If that's not available, then I'd suggest giving the mission a try at Easy difficulty; I never had any real trouble beating it at that level.

(For the record, the strategy I've always found to work best in The Great Hunt is to order all of my wingmates to form on my wing and then fly to the Sol jump node as a group, pausing to order them to take out wings of enemy fighters that jump in along the way. That way, you're almost guaranteed to get just about all of them to the node.)
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

If I have few wings in The Great Hunt then replay. Keep live all of them before enter the node. Right?
MD1985
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Yeah, if you can replay it, that's probably the best course of action. Those extra fighters will be able to take some of the heat off of you in the last mission. And obviously, no matter what else, make sure all four members of Delta wing make it through.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

STUPID DEBUG!!!

Well, My four wings are live and won! Thanks guys! :D

I can't believe f***ing enemy fighters still can't stopped until five reactors are destroyed, that's really a**hole crazy!! It cheat, not be unlimit! :x

In long later, I'll play it again on Hard skill/difficulty. So as soon I'll play FS: Silent Threat after FS2. ;)
MD1985