Zelda TP review

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Zelda TP review

Post by Zero! »

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746691p1.html

got a 9.5 which is great, but gamespot on the other hand gave it 8.8, i dunno if that matters but im still getting it :)
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Like after Christmas, Me and my brother might get the Nintendo Wii with the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess bundle. There's a posibility that I might get the Wii with the LOZ:TP bundle for Christmas.
Anyways, super shweet!
Plague
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Plague »

Just got back from Walmart with a voucher to get the Wii at midnight. I thought we'd get to wait inside like with the Gamecube. Now I'm freezing.

Also, the Gamespot review was a joke. They gave the review to the one guy that completely hates the Wii. You can check out one of the videos where there are several people playing and they have to drag him off the couch to get him to try it. My favorite bit was the very beginning:

\"The Good: Compelling characters and story; outstanding world and puzzle design; longer than most action adventure games; terrific graphics, from an artistic perspective.
The Bad: Wii-specific elements feel tacked on; graphics and sound sometimes go from nostalgic to dated.\"
Deathwinger
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deathwinger »

I'm sorry, not impressed. Doesn't look that great to me. That's just my opinion. Gameplay might actually prove me wrong.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

So this is purportedly an even better Zelda than Ocarina of Time, which many people consider to be one of the best video games of all time...and yet you're not impressed? What more are you looking for, then? :P

**** the PS360; I can't freakin' wait to play this thing. From almost everyone who's played it so far, it sounds like the gaming experience of this millennium. (And if those graphics now constitute \"bad,\" then I have to think that the world has gone insane, because they look gorgeous to me.) Just reading these reviews could convince me to buy a Wii a few months before I would have otherwise. :)
Plague
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Plague »

The graphics are on par with a very nice Gamecube title (which makes sense given that it was intended for the GCN for the better part of its development). The gameplay so far, has been amazing! Definitely classic Zelda. Its also very long (I've played 5+ hours and I'm not quite through the first temple).

The biggest thing though: this Zelda has a much deeper storyline that is presented excellently. Definitely an experience equal to if not greater than Ocarina of Time.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

There has always been a MIDI-ness to Zelda's music, even as other series like Final Fantasy have evolved better soundtracks. Koji Kondo can compose nice melodies, but I would agree - the insistence on keeping the low-res feel to the music is a questionable choice. Certainly, the Wii is not bound by some obscure audio limitation, so it has to be a stylistic choice.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

If you buy a wii, you arent a graphics person. I like descent 3, so I'm not a graphics person.

unfortunately, i love to compete, which is what xbox live enables me to do.

Though this game does look fun, if i ever get a wii for some reason I'll definately get this
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

the wii will have graphics you're plenty used to. It’s graphically better than an xbox. It should look good.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

My friend waited in line 6 hrs to get a Wii and Zelda and we got to play it last night. Its fun, it reminds me of the Ocarina of Time.

Graphics wise, I wasn't blown away. It has some nice lighting effects though. The on screen display of your equipment/map etc just plain suck. I suppose you get used to it but it just takes up so much of the screen to the left and right of the player.

Control wise, its very fun, fishing with the Nunchuck and throwing boulders you pick up with the Wiimote rocks. Aiming the Sling Shot through the air with the Wiimote was awkward, but you can Z target most stuff so it made it easier.

The music is not revolutionary. It sounds just like N64, GCN.

The classic Zelda music that plays when you open a secret door or discover something hidden plays out of the Wiimote rather than the TV, which scared the crap out of us the 1st time it happened! :P

I played it for about 2 hours and found myself getting bored, like most Zelda games; it is very slow to get going from the start. I'm a big Zelda fan, but it won't sell me a Wii until some more games come out. My girlfriend loved it though. So your mileage may vary. :P If you are a Zelda nut and follow the series closely then you'll probably want to get this ASAP. If you enjoy Zelda, but aren't really a fanatic, wait a bit for some more games to come out before dropping the cash on a Wii.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

oh neat teh Wii's out. thx for he heads up jmeat
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Definitely worth it. I've seen trailers; it's absolutely wonderful, the work they've put behind it.