IC 003 Screenshot Blitz & Hostage Gore

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

IC 003 Screenshot Blitz & Hostage Gore

Post by HeXetic »

(Cross-posted from the IC website)

I've gone and uploaded about a billion pics (okay, 26) that Narfig took this past week while hosting the \"official\" IC multiplayer server; for those of you who haven't yet tried out IC 003, I hope they'll convince you that we're doing some fine work here. Here are a few of my favourites from the batch:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

You can se the rest of them in our moddb gallery.

Team member LDAsh has also been working on some gratuitous gore to add to IC 004's maps, in the form of this lovely little decapitated hostage head:

Aw, aren't the giblets cute. He's also working on some more PTMC decals to slap up and maybe slather in some Doom 3 blood textures.

Yep, working with the PTMC is good times.

Good times.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: IC 003 Screenshot Blitz & Hostage Gore

Post by Duper »

HeXetic wrote: Aw, aren't the giblets cute.
Nope, not for me at least. This is the VERY reason I jumped at Descent. No gore. "back in the day" you couldn't play a game that didn't have gore. I got real tired of it and it became painfully obvious that a good game didn't need intestines strewn all over the walls.

Granted, there were textures that had some blood smears, but that was the extent of it.

;)

just my two bits.

The screenshots look great!
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Just waiting for the FOV to be 72 degrees instead of that FPS 90 degrees

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HeXetic »

As with all id Software games, FOV is adjustable by the player using a console cvar; in the case of Doom 3, it's g_fov. You can set it to anything from a tunnel-vision 1 to an aliens-vision 360.

We will not be changing the default value, but players can set their own; indeed, for users with widescreen monitors, the horizontal field-of-view is necessarily different.
Narfig_Agar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Narfig_Agar »

BUBBALOU wrote:Just waiting for the FOV to be 72 degrees instead of that FPS 90 degrees
Ya, I like it better with FOV of 72. Looks a little less "fish eye" These pictures were taken with the default 'cause Hex gets a rash with anything less than 90 degrees. :P

If everyone wants to contribute to a "Traditional" config, we'll be happy to include it. Between Doom3 and all the stuff we've made server side, there's a lot you can do to tweak.

You can find the specialized cvars here. http://www.chmodoplusr.com/IntoCerberon ... topic&t=33

The readme is also a very good place to find the cvars.