Stuck AGAIN :(

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Stuck AGAIN :(

Post by NighTTripper »

I'm stuck in the CED Orbital Network Transmitter. I have a spare Emmitter Lens to replace the one that is supposed to be destroyed by bots, but when I go to the room where I am supposed to replace the Lens, it isn't destroyed. When I try to place the lens, it tells me there is already one there. I can't destroy it myself to replace it, so how do I do this to end the level? I have completed all the things to do in the level, but this stops me from progressing in the game. :( Can someone help? PLEASE :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

If there is one already there, just turn on the transmitter. You need to set the dial thing at the bottom of the station and then align the mirrors. You need to flip the switches then kill the bots before they destroy the crystal.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

It's also important to know that the spare crystal is just a spare. You may not need to use it at all (I usually don't need it). Only if the bots get past you too much before the transmission finishes.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Duper wrote:If there is one already there, just turn on the transmitter. You need to set the dial thing at the bottom of the station and then align the mirrors. You need to flip the switches then kill the bots before they destroy the crystal.
I alrady have done all that before I asked for help in this post. :) I have eliminated all the bots before I went to the transmitter dial. Maybe I needed to allow the bots to destroy the crystal first? ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

is the data stream flowing?

If not, you need to start the energy. Throw those 4 switches. The sequence is in a journal that you should have picked up somewhere.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Duper wrote:is the data stream flowing?

If not, you need to start the energy. Throw those 4 switches. The sequence is in a journal that you should have picked up somewhere.
The four switches are: top left, bottom right, bottom left and top right, then the middle switch. Already done when I asked for help ;) Also, those switches turn off the force field at the top tunnel to the mirrors.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Duper wrote:If there is one already there, just turn on the transmitter. You need to set the dial thing at the bottom of the station and then align the mirrors. You need to flip the switches then kill the bots before they destroy the crystal.
Is there a certain sequence to those. I did it in another sequence from that. Would that make a difference? :) I set the switches, then the mirrors, then the dial. That's why there are no bots left as I destroyed them in doing it this way.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

no.. not those bots. You set the mirrors, bump the CED plate on the wall (it's a switch) then flip the switches and at which time, more bots start spawning in from the wall from under (i think) the CED switch. They will attack the crystal.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Use your objective list to get you through this. You must pick up all the stuff here.

You need 3 somethingoranother nodes. You need to go to each upload station which are in various places. Look all over.

Then go back up to where the crystal is and upload the anti virus program where the kittens are flashing by \"using\" it with it selected in the inventory menu.
Then go BUMP the CED plate.

Then go down and turn the dial to the O plate. Hit the big switch on the column in the same room.

Run back up and protect the crystal.

*hint* make sure your guidebot has picked up its \"Guardian\" powerup. When you get up there, goto your GB menu and tell it to use the anti virus powerup.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Duper wrote:Use your objective list to get you through this. You must pick up all the stuff here.

You need 3 somethingoranother nodes. You need to go to each upload station which are in various places. Look all over.

Then go back up to where the crystal is and upload the anti virus program where the kittens are flashing by "using" it with it selected in the inventory menu.
Then go BUMP the CED plate.

Then go down and turn the dial to the O plate. Hit the big switch on the column in the same room.

Run back up and protect the crystal.

*hint* make sure your guidebot has picked up its "Guardian" powerup. When you get up there, goto your GB menu and tell it to use the anti virus powerup.
Thanx everyone. I got it running and am at the final confrontation. :)