Descent 3 Graphics Problems

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Descent 3 Graphics Problems

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

When I set the video settings to OpenGL, it makes the walls all glitchy(occurs in every level). For Direct 3D, the menu looks weird. For my graphics card, I have a Intel 945g and for my computer, I have a 3.06 Ghz Dell Dimension Computer with Windows XP SP 2, and 1 GB of Ram.

Thanks
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Try updating your video drivers. Do you have Direct X 9.0c? If not, install it.

Make sure when you change modes in D3 setup for video that you have it \"redetect settings\" each time.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I do have Direct X 9.0c installed and the menu still look wierd in Direct3d
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

It is the video drivers, I guarantee it. Intel might have the largest market share of video chipsets period, but they are also notorious for poor driver support. These video chipsets might claim support for games, but they were developed for simply running Windows. Even the most inexpensive PCI video card available today will run Descent3 and virtually all other games better then the integrated 945g you are currently using.
FunkyStickman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by FunkyStickman »

Krom's right on the money here. As soon as you said \"Intel 945\" I knew the deal. Do yourself a favor and get the cheapest nVidia graphics card (well, at least a 6200, I've seen them as cheap as $35) and it will run circles around any integrated Intel graphics, not to mention you can reclaim that lost RAM that used to go towards the aforementioned crappy graphics.