Geez - I'm lucky!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Geez - I'm lucky!

Post by Diedel »

In october, my sinfully expensive X800 XT PE broke exactly one day after the 2 year warranty had expired. When pulling it out of my computer, it got stuck and I ripped a resistor off the card's PCB. I soldered it back on, but that didn't help (nor did it make a good impression when I brought the card back to the store I had gotten it from ... :roll: )

I RMA'd it anyway, but got it back and was told it had gotten wet. I hadn't been aware of that, but examining it proved that this was true. Somehow my water cooling must have had a tiny tiny leak - one power connector pin was completely green.

So I cleaned it, asked God to make it work (yeah man!), plugged it into my 2nd computer and believe it or not, it worked flawlessly again - even with my amateurish soldering job!

Looks like the card just had to dry and get cleaned. Now I just hope it will not continue to rot at some hidden area I cannot see or reach.

Lucky me. :D
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Way to go! *pats your back*
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

/high 5's God
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Ah, cool. Great for you Diedel!
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

If you have time, please pray for my broken FX5950. I admit I overclocked it and I'm sorry.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Heheh, gotta love when dusting or cleaning fixes it.

I think my 6800 GT is done dead, it only works in linux using the open source driver, windows or linux with the Nvidia driver and it corrupts the display and or hardlocks the computer, even safe mode in windows doesn't work right.

Long live my new 7950 GT!
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

De Rigueur wrote:If you have time, please pray for my broken FX5950. I admit I overclocked it and I'm sorry.
Maybe asking God for the money to purchase a new card would be the better idea? The GF 59xx series sucks.

There's good ATI X1650 pro AGP cards.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Geez - I'm lucky!

Post by TIGERassault »

Diedel wrote:In october, my sinfully expensive X800 XT PE broke exactly one day after the 2 year warranty had expired.
Hey, that is lucky! You got an extra 24 hours more out of that thing than life wanted you to.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re: Geez - I'm lucky!

Post by Diedel »

TIGERassault wrote:Hey, that is lucky! You got an extra 24 hours more out of that thing than life wanted you to.
Ummm ... I wrote it still works.