New Core Decision website

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

New Core Decision website

Post by De Rigueur »

http://www.uplinkstudios.com/coredecision/index.html

The old site is closed. The new one is empty.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Uh oh!
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

CORE DECISION

Core Decision is a 6-Degree of Freedom (6DoF) game similar to the 1996 game \"Descent\". Core Decision takes place in the future during a time when Earth has expanded across the land, into the oceans, space, and even the moon. Now we are facing a problem, we are running out of resources and space. Pressed for options Earth decides to send a manned mission to Mars in hopes of finding so much needed resources and maybe one day colonizing the planet. Unfortunately it took extreme amounts of time between communications and shipments until the discovery of the Sincite crystal by Dr. Bryan Ramirez. A short time after this discover we were able to create the first sub-space drive that made the trips to Mars take minutes. Thus began the terra-forming of Mars, until something went terribly wrong.

Genre: 360-Shooter
GamePlay Focus: Competition, Multiplayer, Singleplayer
Platform: Windows XP, Linux, Unix, OS X, XBOX 360
Recommended Hardware: 2.0GHz Intel, GeForce 6600 AGP, 1GB DDR
Recommended Controllers: Keyboard & Mouse, SaitekX45 /X52
Recommended Connection: 56k or better.
Release Date: TBA
Publisher: TBA
Rating: Teen
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: New Core Decision website

Post by Floyd »

De Rigueur wrote:The new one is empty.
it's no blank page though :)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

I can't wait! :D
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

X2!
The Lion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by The Lion »

Hm, nice to learn a bit about the background story.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

De Rigueur wrote:CORE DECISION

Core Decision is a 6-Degree of Freedom (6DoF) game similar to the 1996 game "Descent". Core Decision takes place in the future during a time when Earth has expanded across the land, into the oceans, space, and even the moon. Now we are facing a problem, we are running out of resources and space. Pressed for options Earth decides to send a manned mission to Mars in hopes of finding so much needed resources and maybe one day colonizing the planet. Unfortunately it took extreme amounts of time between communications and shipments until the discovery of the Sincite crystal by Dr. Bryan Ramirez. A short time after this discover we were able to create the first sub-space drive that made the trips to Mars take minutes. Thus began the terra-forming of Mars, until something went terribly wrong.

Genre: 360-Shooter
GamePlay Focus: Competition, Multiplayer, Singleplayer
Platform: Windows XP, Linux, Unix, OS X, XBOX 360
Recommended Hardware: 2.0GHz Intel, GeForce 6600 AGP, 1GB DDR
Recommended Controllers: Keyboard & Mouse, SaitekX45 /X52
Recommended Connection: 56k or better.
Release Date: TBA
Publisher: TBA
Rating: Teen
Sounds like red faction.
Viper7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viper7 »

snoopy wrote:Sounds like red faction.
How so? Red Faction is a ground pouder. This is a 6DoF shooter. I fail to draw the similarity here.
De Rigueur wrote:http://www.uplinkstudios.com/coredecision/index.html

The old site is closed. The new one is empty.
This site seems to have more information at the moment.

http://www.uplinkstudios.com
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

In \"recommended controllers\" the Joystick IS NOT LISTED.

WTF is up with THAT?
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

Those saitek's are joystick/throttle combo's, so I guess joysticks will be permitted.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Yeah... Why can't they say for a joy a min of 2 bottons + trigger and a kb? That's what I played on for a long time.... The joy did have more than that on it, but that's what I was using for the most needed controls.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Who is funding this?
Viper7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viper7 »

I don't know. Somebody should email them and tell them to add joystick to it.

Why does it matter who is funding it as long as we get to play a new 6DoF shooter?

Personally, I'm all for it.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Viper7 wrote:
snoopy wrote:Sounds like red faction.
How so? Red Faction is a ground pouder. This is a 6DoF shooter. I fail to draw the similarity here.
Both are shooters set (at least initially) in mars and revolve around a failed mining (or terraforming, if you like)enterprise.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Because most games don't take this long to be developed and released. If someone is funding it, they expect results sooner rather than later. If someone isn't funding it, then there is no due date, and it could be years later before we see anything real happening.

Would you rather wait years to see this come out, or would you rather play it sooner than polar icecaps melting down?
Viper7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viper7 »

Descent also revolved around mining. It's a common theme of many things.

And as for funding, I'm not gonna dump on any efforts to maintain a project like this. If you do, it won't be long and no one will do anything angled toward us.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

\"Publisher: TBA\"

Apparently the publisher backed out. IIRC, Zach said they planned to release the PC version first then other platforms later, but the publisher wanted all versions released at the same time. Maybe they just couldn't pull it off. Core Decision could be history.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Lobber wrote:Because most games don't take this long to be developed and released. If someone is funding it, they expect results sooner rather than later. If someone isn't funding it, then there is no due date, and it could be years later before we see anything real happening.

Would you rather wait years to see this come out, or would you rather play it sooner than polar icecaps melting down?
The game is most definitely being worked on. I have had the honor of seeing some updated material (FAR more updated than what has been shown publicly) and I can honestly say that this game WILL be out relatively soon....assuming everything works out. I have also been privy to see how the level editor will work, and I can honestly say that it will put all the level editors for descent to SHAME! If you've EVER used a 3D modelling program at all, you will have no trouble at all making levels.

Mobius: The specs haven't changed. If you had bothered to browse through the CD forum on this very board, you would know that.

And as for the game being history, Zach has said repeatedly in the past that the game would be released. Publisher or no publisher.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

MD-2389 wrote:And as for the game being history, Zach has said repeatedly in the past that the game would be released. Publisher or no publisher.
Hope you're right, my friend.
NWRhino
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Core

Post by NWRhino »

Mouse>Joystick, that's why :P
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

As long as that edotir comes with tuts ;) And a wide range of what it can export out to... Just incase you want to use it for more than level editing.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Publisher or no Publisher. You know, I might get flamed for this, but it would kick ass if Core Decision came out on Steam. I'd never have to worry about losing the disks or CD keys... :mrgreen:
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

you'd only have to worry about valve trying to hijack it as a flagship product for the source engine.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

A pyro with a gravity gun might be fun.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Portal gun..
ImageImage
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

It has no publisher?

How do you expect to get it done then?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Contrary to popular belief, the publisher doesn't actually do any work, they only make the work available. That is what Steam exists for in the first place, so Valve does not require a publisher for their games. They skipped the publisher stage entirely so they can distribute their work by themselves.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Bad Krom. No Steam. More and more people are ditching Valve entirely not just from their crap updates (in-game advertisements to be added to Counter-Strike 1.6 instead of Source because Source isn't as popular) but because of the Steam software itself.

Does the whole game take place on Mars? I do hope not. There have been plenty of Mars-only games out there...Doom 3 / Red Faction...
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Whatever happened to High Octane?
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

That's a good question. Maybe some of the guys who are close to Zach could fill us in.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Ridicules. You see (Publisher: TBA) and some of you get scared. Do you know this for a fact that they don’t.
Viper7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viper7 »

Actually just because it says TBA doesn't mean that they don't have a publisher. High octane had a publisher and never disclosed them. Many companies don't disclose the publisher of a product until the demo.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Mobius wrote:In "recommended controllers" the Joystick IS NOT LISTED.

WTF is up with THAT?
Recommended Controllers: Keyboard & Mouse, Saitek X45 /X52

skimmer!@
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

No Steam-like system whatsoever unless there is an option to have a PHYSICAL copy on disk. IF a company goes belly up, thats it, no more game for you.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Top Wop wrote:No Steam-like system whatsoever unless there is an option to have a PHYSICAL copy on disk. IF a company goes belly up, thats it, no more game for you.
I have a copy of the sin episodes 1 on disk. my hard disk.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Krom wrote:Contrary to popular belief, the publisher doesn't actually do any work, they only make the work available. That is what Steam exists for in the first place, so Valve does not require a publisher for their games. They skipped the publisher stage entirely so they can distribute their work by themselves.
try again.

because its electronic distribution doesn't mean that Valve is acting like your ISP, or local Walmart. Valve self-publishes, but they are the publisher for everything that distributed on Steam. Its not going to happen unless both sides get something out of it.

Steam's main problem is the Valve has problems thinking that Source, Steam and Half-life as separate things.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

There is no reason you need a HOTAS controller such as the X45/52 to play a game like this. Throttle is a pointless waste of time in pretty much any Descent-type game.

Flight sims? Mechwarrior? Then yes it has a point (and some swear by them) - but not here.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I'm thinking people glazed over my post...
d3jake wrote:Yeah... Why can't they say for a joy a min of 2 bottons + trigger and a kb? That's what I played on for a long time.... The joy did have more than that on it, but that's what I was using for the most needed controls.
Viper7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viper7 »

Actually a game company can have investors and choose not to take any investment from a publisher and still be published by them.