Windows Vista and DRM

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Windows Vista and DRM

Post by Diedel »

(Split from this thread)

Are you really gonna buy this crap OS where M$ ties you up with DRM measures to the core?

OMG.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Who cares if he, or anyone else, buys it? I'm no fan either, but it looks like D2X-XL is working fine.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

DCrazy,

the sad thing is that being careless about Vista is what will make it a success - at the loss of the public and the users.
Atixtasy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Atixtasy »

besides microsoft has been planning a service pack to make the massive DRM hit and the annoying security advisor much easier to deal with and not such a PITA. Give it some time man I don't believe they're going to keep it like it is forever.
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

I'm getting a MacBook Pro and dual-booting Windows and Mac OS X. If I do anything sensitive, I'll do it in OS X.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

You'd have to be delusional to trust Apple. iTunes is loaded to the gills with DRM. Apple may not be quite as diabolical as Microsoft about this stuff, but they aren't unarmed civilians either.

The purest alternative for those that fear conglomerates stealing important work (yes, so terribly important) is probably Linux.

People have been whining about Windows DRM since the days of Windows 2000 and nothing has come from it.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

Kyouryuu wrote:You'd have to be delusional to trust Apple. iTunes is loaded to the gills with DRM. Apple may not be quite as diabolical as Microsoft about this stuff, but they aren't unarmed civilians either.
Exactly. :mrgreen:
Kyouryuu wrote:The purest alternative for those that fear conglomerates stealing important work (yes, so terribly important) is probably Linux.
Exactly what I will do, btw.
Kyouryuu wrote:People have been whining about Windows DRM since the days of Windows 2000 and nothing has come from it.
True, but in this regard Win2K/XP vs. Vista are like a HMMV compared to an Abrams M1A2 main battle tank. :P
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Kyouryuu wrote:You'd have to be delusional to trust Apple. iTunes is loaded to the gills with DRM. Apple may not be quite as diabolical as Microsoft about this stuff, but they aren't unarmed civilians either.
iTunes and pretty much only iTunes is loaded with DRM problems. Doesn't Vista have it pervade the entire system, to the point of one's actions on their system being tracked?