D2X-W32 -or- D2X-GL avaiable anywhere?

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

D2X-W32 -or- D2X-GL avaiable anywhere?

Post by Top Wop »

I have an old copy of the above in my D2 folder, however I tried doing an internet search but I cannot find the above. Does anyone have a link to the site? Its been a while and I want to get a fresh download. Thanks.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

D2X-XL is the successor of D2X-W32. Find it at www.descent2.de .
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

There's too much fluff in XL. Id use Rebirth but I cannot set up direct TCP/IP games the way I could with w32.
Weyrman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Weyrman »

If you don't like all the \"fluff\" in XL, then turn it off. It can be done with a simple switch setting in the ini file. Have a look at the switches and commands page on the above site and try the -nostalgia or -pureD2 settings.
Pilot from Oz
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

Top Wop wrote:There's too much fluff in XL.
Oh, is it? Thank you.
Top Wop wrote:Id use Rebirth
You should do that.
Top Wop wrote:but I cannot set up direct TCP/IP games the way I could with w32.
Oooooooh. Baaaaad luck for you.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

Diedel wrote:
Top Wop wrote:There's too much fluff in XL.
Oh, is it? Thank you.
Top Wop wrote:Id use Rebirth
You should do that.
Top Wop wrote:but I cannot set up direct TCP/IP games the way I could with w32.
Oooooooh. Baaaaad luck for you.
WTF? I didnt even attack you.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Diedel thinks hes God because of his little project. :\\
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I have D2x-W32 and D2x-ogl.

drop me an email and ill send them to ya. .er. rather pm me your email. oops ;)
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

If you need the original D2x for whatever reason, it's still available at http://www.icculus.org/d2x.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

[]V[]essenjah wrote:Diedel thinks hes God because of his little project. :\\
Diedel thinks he has done enough for the Descent community to be safe from being flamed by arseholes like you.

Unlike you, I don't think I know what other people think before even having talked to them.

I am so fed up with constantly being targeted by all the stupid fvcks around here.

If you think D2X-XL is sh1t, or I am sh1t, just keep it the fk to yourselves. Unlike you, I am not browsing the place, looking for an opportunity to wank over people I don't like.

@Top Wop:

I have had enough derogatory talk about D2X-XL. "Fluff", huh?
Bakdraft
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Bakdraft »

Except this fluff is delicious, while D2X-XL fluff tastes like failed dreams and the nightmares of orphaned children.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Hey Diedel, calm down, i think Top Wop it's not exactly attacking you, so don't worry, you doesn't need to be mad at him. :)

And also, fluff it's not exactly a insultative thing, i think Top Wop means that D2X-XL have many things that HE (Personally and individually) considers somewhat useless.
but I cannot set up direct TCP/IP games the way I could with w32.
Also, when Top Wop said this, he's proving that he in fact likes more YOUR version (regarding to TCIP/IP) than even Rebirth, and you answer to him in a rude and insultative way. He even asked for D2X-W32 (and i think that W32 is also a work from you, don't remember? :wink: )

Hey Diedel, i'm a big fan of your great work of D2X-XL and i do like a lot of all that 'fluff' (specially 'cause i'm a single-player level designer), but don't expect that every single feature will like to all people and don't take in a bad way all things people says about your work. In fact, D2X-XL it's not a perfect work, but a great one.

So please, calm down :wink:

Ah, and Top Wop, if you're interested, i have some old D2X-W32 versions in my Backup CDs, so drop me a line to my E-Mail (yo can see my E-Mail in my profile) if you're interested (i hope i can find them :lol:)

Or try to use the -pureD2 switch in D2X-XL and see if you like that way. Also, disable all things you don't want to have in your pilot profile.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

Bakdraft wrote:Except this fluff is delicious, while D2X-XL fluff tastes like failed dreams and the nightmares of orphaned children.
If making D2X-XL is "polishing a turd" to quote you, the logical conclusion is that Descent is just a turd. Why do you create levels for something that is a turd.

Ah, what the heck. Bakdraft == fart. Nuff said.

Pumo: I had to look "fluff" up in a dictionary, and the meanings there weren't very positive.

Top Wop: Sorry if I was wrong.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Actually Diedel, I've been watching your threads for a while.

I'm saying this, as a person who has been developing for the Descent community for 7 years, got drop-kicked, and left but ended up coming back again a little wiser.

TW and I have been good friends for all 7 of the above years mentioned. I have to back him up. I am inclined to step in a back him up when YOU were out of line.

If you could pull some of the fluff, I would even be willing to help with your project. It's a great mod but like all mod designers, you added a bunch of things that just get in the way of the gameplay overall. Something, I strive to stay away from.

Bakdraft I WILL say is out of line. Even though he is a friend of mine as well. Though admittedly, his comment was pretty funny, but that's another story.

The problem isn't the mod but that you aren't willing to take in ideas and you have become very arrogant about your work. Something you simply can't do. You start a fire so everyone in here will start throwing wood on it, just to see how big they can make it, while finding humor in it. Trust me, I've been there, done that.

Your mod has a lot of good stuff in it from what I have seen (though I have to admit is somewhat brief.)

What I have found out about modding is that you can't win by chewing people out or screaming at the people working on your competition. You win, by simply BEING the best, listening to what people have to say, making your own best judgment (usually the middle ground between their ideas and your own). But you have to address issues that people have with your work.

Stop trying to pursue copyright, stop SCREAMING at people and forcing your opinion, rethink you work and you'll turn out alright.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Ok diedel.. you're done. Not putting up with your crap here.

and if you even think of starting another thread about this one, it will be locked on sight. capiche?