Need D2 sheild orb.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Need D2 sheild orb.

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Anyone have a decent copy of the D2 sheild, cloak and invincibility orbs? Especially the shield orb? I'm going to replace the D3 version with the older one, it simply looks better. :)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Not gonna work, the D2 version is a sprite, and the D3 version is a polygon model.
Neumaennl
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Neumaennl »

ask DizzyRox in the D2X-XL forum of the DBB.net or PM him - he may have a 3D model, although I'm not sure about is
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Even if it was a sprite, you would just create a square face and apply the cloak\\invun texture to it, and in teh OOF editor, set it to facing. That's how the Plasma shots are made.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by []V[]essenjah »

DCrazy wrote:Not gonna work, the D2 version is a sprite, and the D3 version is a polygon model.

Thats why you replace the table files. :) Just make a sprite for D3.

People will have to have a custom gam file for my work anyway since I have that vauss bullet casing effect and a few other brand new effects. Not to mention, for part of it, I am going to re-balance a few things to make the game play out a little more like the old D2 multi. I can just use OOFEdit and make it function as a sprite in there. I've done that for a lot of models I've worked on in the past. My old Firehawk model uses sprites for the headlights.

For the mod in it's current state, I'll use a sprite. Later, I may replace it depending on what I decide in final what to do with it. But I'm looking at a tech demo release sometime in the next few months, with a few weapons released for public review.

Final release will have something a little more solid. I just find it best to do it this way until I find out if people see any hope for this project. When they do, I'll pour the rest of my heart into it.