Diedel gone ?

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

darklord42
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by darklord42 »

Dang, I was wondering why Diedel wasn't responding here anymore as I thought this would interest him because he was the one in charge. :x
Let me just say, In the freespace-scp or any of the other open source projects that I have seen, noone would have put up with this kind of garbage especailly to one who clearly worked as hard as Diedel. (He mostly did Descent2xl by himself?!) Such an asset to the Descent comunity, considering how Descent and Interplay are a long dead thing of the past. The mac version of Descent was In fact the first PC game I have ever played as for the longest time we did not have a computor. Aus-RED-5 I think i'll do that, if he is still willing to work on the project. Though I don't know if you, Sirius or someone else pulled the trigger, I realy hope you gave it the thought that this deserved.

http://www.descent2.de/lastwords.html
\"Life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something\"
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

If you look around these forums it'll become clear enough what the problem was. Not a good end to the project but... what can you do.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

DarkHorse wrote:If you look around these forums it'll become clear enough what the problem was. Not a good end to the project but... what can you do.
Have you noticed that you have a private message?
Do check it please. ;)
darklord42
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by darklord42 »

No excuse. He may have goten angry a few times but you guys clearly were belittling the project that he had worked so hard on to give to you. Clearly, you guys got what you deserved.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

We had two administrators check, and they both confirmed Diedel is NOT and never was banned.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Nore would I have anything to do with it.

Clearly darklord42 doesn't know how to read his PM, because the message is still there. :roll:
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

darklord42
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by darklord42 »

I thought you were pming darkhorse not me. taking him away from moderator status is just as insulting to one who is essetially working on the whole project. But there you have it..
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

darklord42 wrote:I thought you were pming darkhorse not me.
ahaha... doh! :lol:
Thats my bad.... As you know already. It was for you. :P
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

I never once belittled his project, heck, I even helped test it and even offered to test his sp mission set, it was his attitude that I was harping about. When I offer constructive criticism or list a bug or offer to help on his mission set, getting responses back like: STFU and 'STOP BEING A PITA!' doesn't really make me feel all warm and fuzzy towards Diedel. So his work: awesome, his attitude: sucks.
Bakdraft
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Bakdraft »

darklord42 wrote:Clearly, you guys got what you deserved.
Freedom to have an opinion about something? Sounds like a good thing to me.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Sirius »

darklord42 wrote:I thought you were pming darkhorse not me. taking him away from moderator status is just as insulting to one who is essetially working on the whole project. But there you have it..
Well, the moderator status is really more in line with board policy. While Diedel was a natural choice for a mod for this board considering his position regarding the project, it just wasn't going to work out considering how well he got on with the rest of the moderators.

Truth be told I'd rather have it this way than have to sift through flamewars all the time.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Re:

Post by Diedel »

DarkHorse wrote:If you look around these forums it'll become clear enough what the problem was. Not a good end to the project but... what can you do.
If you look around these forums it'll should become clear enough that it wasn't me. I had kept quiet for over a year, but there had been constant attacks on me, by people who just couldn't control themselves. So stop talking more crap about this issue.

Dang. I am so fed up with this mud and lie hurling campaign against me.
Sirius wrote:Truth be told I'd rather have it this way than have to sift through flamewars all the time.
There had been no flame wars, not to speak of "all the time".

What is making you guys so blind for what has really been going on here: My being mobbed by a gang of forum members who simply couldn't stand me?

For the record: There had several mods flaming and insulting me in this very forum area in the past: Ferno and MD-whatever had called me an a$$hole here. DO_Checkor had spammed into a thread, mocking at the Descent 1 and 2 players. In both cases, I deleted the remarks or posts in question. I told 0-Checkor that he had zero leeway in this place (what did he expect after all he had done?), but that didn't mean he wasn't allowed to post reasonable stuff here. I have never abused my mod privileges here. There has never been taken action against these people. They are mods to this day. That is because I get a special treatment here. Obviously, the board rules do not apply if I am concerned. It is alright to flame me. I said it already: The accusations made to justify the removal of mod privileges from me were lies. Period. I had stfu'd here for a year and longer - until recently, when I finally had enough, because I really couldn't say anything here w/o being attacked by one of the local trolls.
DarkFlameWolf wrote:I never once belittled his project, heck, I even helped test it and even offered to test his sp mission set, it was his attitude that I was harping about. When I offer constructive criticism or list a bug or offer to help on his mission set, getting responses back like: STFU and 'STOP BEING A PITA!' doesn't really make me feel all warm and fuzzy towards Diedel. So his work: awesome, his attitude: sucks.
You have a habit of believing you are the center of the world. You showed this by repeatedly forcing yourself on me, by constantly sending bug reports via PM and e-mail when you had already reported them via SF.net and had gotten a confirmation, by pushing yourself to the front of the line. When I told you to stop being a PITA, you were a PITA, offering comments nobody had asked for and that were out of place. Your problem is that you don't understand the problem your own attitude is: You are an attention whore, and that's why you can't stop when it's time to and cannot shut up when you should. FYI: Aus-RED-5 had approached me because of you in the past, saying just about this. See, it's not just me who thinks like that.

Dude, I am really having enough of you and your nitpicking and egotistic attitude. I don't want to ever hear from you again on SF.net. No bug reports, no feature requests, none of your appeals for attention and approval. Go find it somewhere else. Use Rebirth if you want to play Descent. No soup for you anymore.

The real problem of many people of this board is that they don't want to hear when they screw up, and I have told them right in the face, and they hated it. Just like you will hate me for telling you the truth about you. Well, you asked for it. Don't mess with me again.

Darklord is right on the spot.

Anyway, I am gone. I don't need this place. The people who are important for me and/or D2X-XL know how to reach me. Those who need help with D2X-XL have SF.net. Actually I am relieved it has come this far. I finally don't have to hold myself back when I get attacked again. It's a relief to know I am out of place where I find so much rejection when I am trying to conduct myself in an acceptable manner. And that's what I did during the last year, say what you want. It just didn't help.

I only wonder what Koolbear has to say about this. He either knows about this and quietly tolerates it, or the local mobsters took their chances because he is absent for a longer period of time.
Bakdraft
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Bakdraft »

I want to see a picture of someone hurling lies, that sounds pretty crazy and unusual. Maybe it's like tossing Scientology paraphernalia into a bonfire, which is pretty rockin'.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

The bottom line D2X-W32/XL forum should have been
moderated by someone who was impartial from the start
and that was the real mistake.
-----------------------------------------------------

Diedel - You do a good job coding, programing, level
building, and case moding - but your \"people skills\"
needs work :idea:

lessons learned - It's over - let's move on -
just say OK and Roll with it

These attacks Diedel are just ...........

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by Do_Checkor »

Diedel wrote: DO_Checkor had spammed into a thread, mocking at the Descent 1 and 2 players. In both cases, I deleted the remarks or posts in question. (what did he expect after all he had done?), but that didn't mean he wasn't allowed to post reasonable stuff here.
1. I posted an ironic statement regarding all your implemented features that are making D2X-XL look like a "Descent 2.5" and ironically asked "hey - if you put all features/textures/mods of D3 into D2 - why not playing D3 instead of D2?" your interpretations on my post are just false and it seems they were only here to mix it with the D2-Communnity - not pretty nice.
Diedel wrote: I told 0-Checkor that he had zero leeway in this place
2. 0-Checkor? Again you are trying to provoke and insult me...

Diedel wrote:(what did he expect after all he had done?)
3. Nobody knows what you are referring to I have done nothing else than following the repeated requests by dozens of forum members to ban you. But that is the same thing like with Topher now. You seem to have a serious problem with authority.

4. I give you the last chance to get this site down: http://www.descent2.de/descentforum.html. If you really need to bring your personal problems into my real-life I have to call my lawyer regarding this issue since this libel and defamation can not be accepted. You are going way to far by this.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Can you guys not take this to PM where this belongs?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Can phpBB do 8-way PMs?
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

darklord42 wrote:No excuse. He may have goten angry a few times but you guys clearly were belittling the project that he had worked so hard on to give to you. Clearly, you guys got what you deserved.
Darklord, please read this thread for a clearer picture:
http://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?t=11944
darklord42
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by darklord42 »

Top Wop wrote:
darklord42 wrote:No excuse. He may have goten angry a few times but you guys clearly were belittling the project that he had worked so hard on to give to you. Clearly, you guys got what you deserved.
Darklord, please read this thread for a clearer picture:
http://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?t=11944
Case and point, but I realy don't have anything else to say on the mater. It's clear you people prefrer it this way and then so be it. If you all prefer Reborn then perhapse it is better that you guys unite behind a single project, better unity that way. It seems that was what you guys wanted to lean tward anyway
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by fliptw »

darklord42 wrote: Case and point, but I realy don't have anything else to say on the mater. It's clear you people prefrer it this way and then so be it. If you all prefer Reborn then perhapse it is better that you guys unite behind a single project, better unity that way. It seems that was what you guys wanted to lean tward anyway
thats the attitude that got diedel into trouble in the first place.

There is no point in conflict between XL and DXX, it gains nothing for everyone. XL has its directions and goals, and they were differed from DXX, and they appeal to different audiences, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Diedel, for whatever reason, thought he was owed the entirety of D1/D2 auidence.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Darklord,

the thread linked to is pointless, imvho.

#1 I have yet to be hinted why and where I have become arrogant about D2X-XL. That's pure rubbish. If I was, I wouldn't have implemented so many user suggested features.

#2 Rebirth will never get even near to where D2X-XL is, and that is not even the goal of Rebirth. Rebirth just wants to provide a sleek old-style Descent 2 OpenGL mod capable of running on modern hardware. D2X-XL has striven to enhance and expand Descent's capabilities. I doubt that Messenjah has the slightest clue how much I have changed in D2X-XL. Besides that has D2X-XL always been open for contributions of other people. I have gladly accepted serious applications for being a D2X-XL team member.

It looks however that people simply haven't understood that D2X-XL is almost a 2nd full time job for me, simply not allowing me too much tolerance with people not adhering to the structures I had built to keep it going.

Initially I had been using this forum area for D2X-XL support and user propositions. I was attacked for that, hilariously enough mostly by people who do not use D2X-XL or at least this forum area. So I tried to make people post their D2X-XL related stuff in only a few dedicated threads. I was attacked for that, for enforcing \"my\" policies on forum users. Now first of all, each forum and forum area has certain policies of use, and 2nd this was \"my\" forum area. It was created by Koolbear, the forum owner particularly for the purpose of supporting my community related D2X-XL tasks. I finally moved the entire support stuff to Sourceforge.net, putting up a polite and complete post, stickied to the top of this area, hinting people seeking D2X-XL here to the proper places.

As you can imagine there are enough people who cannot be bothered to read forum rules, how brief they may ever be, and follow them. I hinted these people to said thread, not decorating my replies with flowers, but not impolite either. Just \"curt\". Guess what? My being \"curt\" was reason enough to bash me for treating the poor little guys who were only looking for help so badly. None of the shining examples of perfect humanity here doing that ever asked how much work this was already for me, how much stuff I had already built to help people, and how much I had already changed due to their - usually very unfriendly - criticism.

I have my ways and my faults, like everybody else, and I tend to be rather direct or down to business, but there is no understanding at all for my position here. A trollish newbie who doesn't care about all the work that has been put in place to help both him and me and starting to whine when being bluntly told where to go for help was more precious to them than a man putting so much of his time and effort into letting the Descent community take part in what he had created. Talk about arrogance.

Yeah, arrogance. The people accusing me of being arrogant with D2X-XL have so far failed to produce a single piece of evidence for their claims. But if they think I am arrogant because I resent people causing unnecessary work and trouble just because they are lazy and disrespectful of the place they go, the people who built it up and the rules that are in place there, then I am arrogant. Nobody wants his time to be wasted due to the selfishness of others.

Well, back to the thread linked to above. I find it ridiculous how Top Wop tries to turn my mild mockery into an offense justifying what has been done to me here. You should have seen the photoshopped images showing me in perverted poses other mods have been posted in this forum. Ofc \"all in good fun\". In \"good fun\" by people who allegedly hated me. Hated me for adding stuff to D2X-XL they didn't want in there. Hated me for it even after I had made that stuff optional (because actually my attitude is to let everyone have what they want and not force my concepts on them).

Now Messenjah claims all that has been said was just for humor. I do not appreciate that kind of \"humor\" (besides my not believing this was meant humorously). Apparently humor means to provoke someone until he reacts. This is stupid. People with such kind of humor are uncivilized and primitive, to say the least.

Finally all the \"fluff\" in D2X-XL can be turned off. Messenjah admitted in that thread that he hadn't examined D2X-XL all that deep. Now that is typical, particularly of Messenjah's, Top Wops, Bakdrafts (and Topher's?) age group: A big mouth, but no real clue. People dislike me because I talk like that if they screw up. They don't want to hear it. Actually I wouldn't do it if they'd only approach me in a halfway acceptable way. They want people to pat on their heads and say \"it's alright son, you're so special\". Sorry dudes, not with me. If you had only the respect to do a thorough research and start a civilized discussion with me. Instead, you attack me at every opportunity, failing to produce proper evidence. Hey, I even apologized in case I ahd misunderstood the meaning of \"fluff\". As it looks, Top Wop hasn't accepted the apology, or he wouldn't be coming back to that thread all the time, so I guess \"fluff\" actually is a derogatory term in the given context. Should I mention that in the dim and distant past from which most of today's accusations against me stem, Top Wop had flamed and insulted me out of the blue, w/o me ever having had to do with him before? I have to say that he hasn't done all that much in the past to alleviate my being a little biased in regard of him.

Or maybe I am arrogant because I just add stuff to D2X-XL I like? Oh well, it's my project isn't it? Heck, when it came down to the mouselook issue, I even created a thread about it to hear people's opinions! I didn't hide it somewhere, hoping no one would notice. But a decent discussion was denied to me. I was called a cheater, an a$$hole, and what not. A cheater, lol! I hadn't played Descent for months at that point of time, simply because I didn't have the time due to all the bug fixing and adding stuff to it! And the last few times I had played online had been coop games with my brother. Oh heck, what a darn cheater I am. Even after I had made sure mouselook (and fast pitch) could be turned off and were disabled if the game host wasn't using d2x-xl at all these guys were calling me names. I believe that these people hate me simply for the fact that I am more capable than they are, and that they cannot control me.

How can you expect me to react in any way positively? At least I usually do not curse at people here, but simply point their mistakes out to them. Ouch. What an arrogant bastid I am.

Pffffffff.

Well, I think it's hopeless. You cannot force people to think if they don't want to.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

wow.

just wow.

:roll:
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Topher »

Diedel wrote:Now that is typical, particularly of Messenjah's, Top Wops, Bakdrafts (and Topher's?) age group: A big mouth, but no real clue.
Hehe, how old do you think I am?

Also, thanks for proving you are not banned. :)
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

You're welcome. Anyway, I couldn't access this board for a day or two, for whatever reason. A conclusion was quick at hand.

I'd say you're over 40, but you have been e-mailing from an .edu account, so you might theoretically be a student.

Anyway, young or old, you are a liar (I have explained why), gleeing over your \"coup\" against me. Tell me, did KB approve of this, or is he simply unavailable, offering you a nice chance for your backstabbery? It says enough about your tremendous objectivity that people like Ferno or MD-blah are still mods here.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

KB can speak for himself if he wants to.
Diedel wrote:Anyway, young or old, you are a liar
I am 40 years old.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

I find it interesting how Topher is suddenly high in your list of enemies against the state Diedel... He had next to zero to do with the policy of removing your moderator privilege, he was only given the unfortunate task of implementing it. It isn't like he just got up one morning and arbitrarily decided to revoke your moderator privilege, he simply was the administrator on duty when the call came, on a different day it could have been RC, or KoolBear himself. So by bashing Topher you are only shooting the messenger.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Well, although sometime ago Diedel was the agresive guy in the forums, when he calmed down (i remember this very well 'cause in the start i was a little 'victim' of Diedel's 'explosive' attitude, but with the time he started to be more polite with me and he treats me very well), some ppl started to blame his work just for the Mouselook issue and then from that time to now, Diedel becames again somewhat insultative and angry. It's not good to be that agresive IMHO, but although i don't like that side of Diedel, i think it's justified, 'cause he was attacked once he was already calm.
And just 'cause of what? of the damned Mouselook option (as i said before, although i don't like Mouselook, this doesn't affects in the real descent essence: Single Player and one can disable it when he or she wants), but all the Multiplayer freaks in this forum became mad just for that little option that can be even disable by the host, and called Diedel a Cheater and almost a piece of Crap (i was there, i know very well what happened).

As i said before, that's why i don't like the crap of Multiplayer. Multiplayer is a great idea and can be enjoyable, the problem is the people in it. Although i play and enjoy multiplayer from time to time, i must admit in some ways, it SUCKS. It's only enjoyable with certain people i do like, but the problem is that there is always the risk to encounter with one of those MP freaks that i can't stand off.

So, Single Player forever!
XL is GREAT for designing Single Player missions, so i will keep with it. And BTW, Rebirth is also a great work for the ones with nostalgia (that's why i have both versions, 'cause i'm a REAL [R-E-A-L] FAN of DESCENT, i have everything i can have for the game i love)

As i said before, Top Wop's and Diedel's madness is also very justified, but i think it's time to calm down ALL of you, so please cease this fight and go to play some nice old levels in DXX-Rebirth or D2X-XL or D2_W95 or D2 Voodoo or D2 DOS version, or whatever...
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

So it was you who was behind it, Krom? Looks like you. You're one of the falsest people I have met in my life. And there is no character trait I disdain as much as that one. It says all about you that you kept pressing for my removal from this board when I had quieted down.

What a cheap triumph. I have over 1.000 distinct visitors on my Descent 2 site every day. I won't give up D2X-XL, I will just move to a troll free place, to a place where you cannot reach me. I really don't need you. It only bugs me ever so little that you guys might still use D2X-XL, because in fact that would mean that you depend on what I do. :) I just dislike the way this happened. The way you pulled this off tells the story of your true character.

If KB had wanted to remove my mod privileges, all he would have had to do was to ask me for it. I was ready for it anyway. After KB had initially proposed it, Aus-RED-5 became a mod here because I repeatedly asked KB for it. I esteem KB highly. I would be very surprised if he approved of this and didn't even have the character to inform me himself.

Btw, the fact that quite some people do not dare to speak in my favor here simply because they are afraid of making themselves targets too, like it has happened at similar occasions in the past, should be something for you to ponder upon.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Pumo wrote:Well, although sometime ago Diedel was the agresive guy in the forums, when he calmed down (i remember this very well 'cause in the start i was a little 'victim' of Diedel's 'explosive' attitude, but with the time he started to be more polite with me and he treats me very well), some ppl started to blame his work just for the Mouselook issue and then from that time to now, Diedel becames again somewhat insultative and angry. It's not good to be that agresive IMHO, but although i don't like that side of Diedel, i think it's justified, 'cause he was attacked once he was already calm.
And just 'cause of what? of the damned Mouselook option (as i said before, although i don't like Mouselook, this doesn't affects in the real descent essence: Single Player and one can disable it when he or she wants), but all the Multiplayer freaks in this forum became mad just for that little option that can be even disable by the host, and called Diedel a Cheater and almost a piece of Crap (i was there, i know very well what happened).

As i said before, that's why i don't like the crap of Multiplayer. Multiplayer is a great idea and can be enjoyable, the problem is the people in it. Although i play and enjoy multiplayer from time to time, i must admit in some ways, it SUCKS. It's only enjoyable with certain people i do like, but the problem is that there is always the risk to encounter with one of those MP freaks that i can't stand off.

So, Single Player forever!
XL is GREAT for designing Single Player missions, so i will keep with it. And BTW, Rebirth is also a great work for the ones with nostalgia (that's why i have both versions, 'cause i'm a REAL [R-E-A-L] FAN of DESCENT, i have everything i can have for the game i love)

As i said before, Top Wop's and Diedel's madness is also very justified, but i think it's time to calm down ALL of you, so please cease this fight and go to play some nice old levels in DXX-Rebirth or D2X-XL or D2_W95 or D2 Voodoo or D2 DOS version, or whatever...
I don't play D2 anymore but I've watched the sh*t hit the fan in here about Diedel. And this sums up what I think.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Same as Merlin & Pumo, he definatley has gotten angry but he is a cool person. I have definatley seen more blank on Diedel than Diedel on blank attacks.