Flash outlines

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

DizzyRox
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Flash outlines

Post by DizzyRox »

Can anyone tell me why Im getting a border around my flash objects on webpages. I got the click of death abit back and jus got a new HD and reformatted etc..
every since they have an outline border round them, and seem to figure out what to change to get rid of it..
:? thanks

oops, guess i Shoulda put some info
Im using XP/IE6
looks to be flash9b player
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Looks like version 9 is the latest version at the adobe site, so it is unlikely you have an out of date version. I seem to recall there was some update to IE6 that affected flash in some manner, try checking for new updates to IE, and reinstall flash.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

This is from the DBB.COM site. I read this along time ago.
JBOMB wrote:So...i have Auto update set on my XP....just like plenty of peeps..i figured i have a legal copy..why not go legit..

Last week i notice that when i go to the DBB there is a dotted line around the flash logo..No wait...every site i go to that has flash..and all the sites that i have created...all have a dotted line around em..Im like..wtf do i have a virus?...I run all my webroot and symantec software...still there..

Come to find out..Microsoft lost a lawsuit with regards to embeding and while they appeal..they included this new "feature" in IE that the user CANNOT turn off...

So..my heart starts pounding..because flash is what i do for a living..and i can see it all now.."we dont want flash on our site"..

Anyone else getting this dotted line around flash in IE?

I do some investigation and find out there is a work around for developers....some java that will detect the flash and embed it without microsofts bull★■◆● plugin update...

Next thing that comes to mind is "Cha Ching!" Now im ahead of the game again! Tons of flashers will be scrambling to impliment this fix...And tons more will be lost..as they only know flash and dont really know the webpage side of the game. More action for me!

So yeah...about the DBB logo. If you use IE and are seeing a dotted line around the logo sit tight..Im going to try and fix that asap. :)
Linkage
DizzyRox
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DizzyRox »

Thanks Krom/Aus
I tryed reinstalling the flash and went and got the xp updates. Belarc Adviser reports all present, messed around with a few other, kinda would seem to be relevant items also to no avail, so maybe it is the same issue you posted Aus.
bummer ,aw well, Ill hang in there and/or keep lookin round,maybe a patch will come out soon or something.
Thanks Guys