BattleStar Galactica (WARNING:SPOILER)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

catch22
DBB LAN Nut
DBB LAN Nut

BattleStar Galactica (WARNING:SPOILER)

Post by catch22 »

StarBuck Dying: Makes sense, I'm ok with it.

Starbuck going insane and killing herself: Never saw that coming.

It also seems like a very odd way of playing out the storm pattern prophecy...

Anyways, As a testament to how good this show is, I still have the last episode stuck in my head, eating away at my sanity.

Stupid good writing ...
Catch-22

<FONT> Frankly, I think the whole society is nuts...The question is: What does a sane person do in an insane society? -Joseph Heller</FONT>
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

I'm not buyin' it. Too much backstory with that vision of hers. Don't think we've seen the last of Starbuck.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

She had her hand on the ejection handle, so its most probable that she didn't just die. On top of that I think that Apollo saw the raider himself as well in the last minute. The cylons probably have a plan for her, what with all that \"destiny\" nonsense.

I haven't been to hot with this season after the New Caprica story arch. There were areas the writers could have touched on but never did, to many pointless fillers and completely pointless sex scenes, but its SciFi, the same station that broadcasts \"professional\" wrestling so im not so surprised.

Here's hoping the show will go somewhere again, but im not holding my breath.
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

I thought this episode was pretty dang good, much better than the past few filler episodes. Starbuck actually being a Cylon just seems too predictable, but who knows? It's still entirely possible that she ejected and was captured.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

On another forum someone said that you could see her cockpit intact when her viper exploded, indicating she didn't eject.

My first assumption was that she's a cylon and will be resurrected.

In any case, I'm sure she'll be back. This is science fiction. Probably they'll write their way out of it using a deus ex or something.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

\"Your not Leeoben\"

Quite possibly the giveaway line. Rumourmill says that, these projections are real and not imaginary (i.e Six in Baltars head). They are not the Cylons either. Also, when Lee's viper was closing in, for a second we see the Heavy Raider fly off into the distance FROM the perspective of Lee's fighter. Look closely at everything going on and you'll see that there is a greater force at work here... It's been going on since Day 1 of the show.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I'm still waiting for Baltar to be finally vindicated.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Not with regards to the last episode, but...

http://community.livejournal.com/pantsketch/99256.html
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

here is just a thought

was it really her that came back from Caprica.....with the arrow?

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Ofcourse it was her. Cylons don't replace people like changlings or something - They are already existing. So, if she is a Cylon, then she was a Cylon from day one.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

lol

That show was so annoying I didn't even finish watching a single episode. The constant flashbacks and jumpy \"AT&T commercial\" camera jiggling made me wanna vomit. :P
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

TB you tree hugging hippie, go back from whence the rock you crawled out from.........

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Sir Sam II
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sir Sam II »

I would definately have to agree, either she is a Cylon & will be resurrected or Leoben picked her up in the raider when she ejected.
catch22
DBB LAN Nut
DBB LAN Nut

Post by catch22 »

Honestly, I hope she stays dead. It angers me to no end when writers for shows/movies cave to doubt.

Besides, there are characters on the show I think could fill the giant gaping hole that was Starbuck.

I think it's fairly obvious that they have had this planned for a while. So if there is a plan to bring her back it better be a REALLY good one. Otherwise, I might consider a boycott of the show.

probably wouldn't last more then a couple weeks...
Catch-22

<FONT> Frankly, I think the whole society is nuts...The question is: What does a sane person do in an insane society? -Joseph Heller</FONT>