FS: BFG 7800 GS OC $125

Want to sell off that old video card for that new GeForce? Looking for a used Sidewinder? This is the place to buy, sell, trade and post about hot deals you find!
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

FS: BFG 7800 GS OC $125

Post by AceCombat »

Up for sale is a BFG Technologies GeForce 7800 GS w/ 256MB GDDR3 VRAM.

Brand New out of the Box. it has a compatibility issue with my Motherboard and i cant return for a refund because i already cut off the UPC Code for a rebate.

so im selling it so i can get a EVGA version of the 7800GS.

Card is brand new out of the box, only plugged in 1 time for about 5 minutes.

asking $125

MSRP is $209 @ Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814143046

capstar362@comcast.net

acecombatxfa27a@hotmail.com
Side Note: sorry for the crappy picture, i had to use my webcam because i dont have a digicam

NOTE #2: this card is direct from BFG Technologies, it is only in the plastic protective shell and not a retail box. i dont have a Drivers CD they did not send me one with this card.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re: FS: BFG 7800 GS OC $125

Post by Grendel »

AceCombat wrote:Brand New out of the Box. it has a compatibility issue with my Motherboard and i cant return for a refund because i already cut off the UPC Code for a rebate.

so im selling it so i can get a EVGA version of the 7800GS.
You are aware that the only difference betw. the BFG & EVGA 7800 GS cards the clockspeeds stored in the BIOS are right ? Ie. the EVGA card will have the same issue w/ your mainboard.
ImageImage
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

well this time im not going to cut off the UPC Label. :lol: if it doesnt work ill get a refund.

the funny thing is, one of the reviews on the EVGA version, the guy says he also tried a BFG 7800GS with a Asus motherboard, it would not work. got the EVGA version and it worked just fine. so im going to try that. if it doesnt work, then i guess ill have to stick with my 6800XT.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

I call BS on that, both companies buy their cards from the same manufactor in china. Probably an EVGA fanboy. Did you call BFG ?
ImageImage
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

already been through BFG RMA and Tech departments several Times. this card is actually the 5th one they have sent me. the previous 4 did the exact same thing this one is doing. the card will show my POST screen, but the moment it gets to windows XP, even after selecting Safe Mode boot option, it blacks out and stops sending a signal to my monitor. ive spent roughly a hour and a half with BFG Tech Support trying to figure out just what could be wrong with my card('s) its narrowing down to incompatibility. but this is the strange thing, why would one type of AGP Card work and another not? im running a XFX 6800XT AGP right now. and it doesnt give me a single problem. i got a friend who works at best buy geek squad to test my PC with one of those low level hardware testing tools, and everything checks out in perfect working condition.

they cant issue a refund directly to me, i have to do that through newegg, but i cant with newegg either because out of stupidity i already mailed in the UPC Code for a rebate. Ace <-- smacks head \"d0h!\"

anyways,it may be bs or it may not be, im going to give it a try, but i dont want a 200$ card laying around not doing anything. i know the card is working, it just doesnt work on my board for some reason.

hey Grendel, my FTP Server has a AGP 2x slot, can i test the card in that slot or will it not work?

EDIT: Nope, wont even fit in the slot
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

CARD IS SOLD!
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

oh well

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.