S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?

Post by []V[]essenjah »

So, how is it?

Looks like a pretty cool game.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i hear good things about it's physics. Ppl riding dead horses like sleds down embankments :lol:
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Physics isn't what makes a game. It does make it fun.... yes. But, a game needs to have more to it than fancy graphics and physics for me. Best physics based game that I have played= Dark Messiah.

I'm kind of hoping for something on the level of Dues Ex. I don't expect it to be as good but I would like it to be fun enough and have more depth to it than your average FPS game.
Bakdraft
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Bakdraft »

Chernobyl + crazy ★■◆● + GHOSTS + military hardware = fun. I mean, seriously, no matter how terrible this game might be (and I've heard many a good thing about it), the formula still equals awesome.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

oh i was thinking about oblivion, with the dead horse physics
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by []V[]essenjah »

roid wrote:oh i was thinking about oblivion, with the dead horse physics

*snickers* ;)

Oblivion was ok. The physics aren't really even all that great. Ever shoot a wolf on a hill? Thing will tumble forever and never seem to stop when they hit something. Looks funny though.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Id rather have rag doll physics that no physics at all. If anyone of you have played Hitman 1, you will know what kind of fun you can do with such physics.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I've installed it, but I haven't played it yet.

Nevertheless, I share Bakdraft's opinion that Chernobyl is a great location. In my opinion, it is easily one of the most compelling locations you can put a game. Anyone who has seen the Kiddofspeed site knows that Chernobyl is a real-life ghost town where everyone promptly up and left in the 1980s and which has been rotting ever since. Oh, and of course the radiation. To use a cliche, it had me at Chernobyl.

The only other game whose location struck me as especially interesting is Bioshock's underwater \"paradise lost,\" Rapture. It's an art deco underwater city, built as a utopia for the wealthy in the 1930s, that is falling apart and decaying in modern times.