Sci-Fi Channel gets a bit animated!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Sci-Fi Channel gets a bit animated!

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I found this article on the main page of MekTek.net-
Seems that the Sci Fi Channel will be showing a two hour block of anime on Mondays starting on June 11. And they will be kicking it off with a top of the line movie, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex- Solid State Society. The next week three series start up, Noein, Tokko and for the mecha crowd(including me, because I love mecha!), Macross Plus.

more info:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... nime-block
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

They used to have a Saturday Morning anime block. It doesn't really surprise me they'd bring something along those lines back again.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

good idea. Thesedays Anime is the richest source of new sci-fi on film in our culture, would you say so?
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

As Tyranny points out, it's ironic because Sci-Fi Channel used to have the \"Saturday Morning Anime.\" If I recall correctly, it got canned just before anime really took off here and was replaced with the Ray Bradbury Mystery Hour. Ouch. Now it's back on what is arguably the tail end of the anime fad... go figure.

At this rate, maybe they'll bring back MST3K!

Eh... probably not.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Heh I remember the days that I'd wake up early Saturday morning to watch some cartoon shows and Power Rangers. Then I moved on to get up early in the morning to watch anime shows.
Then I started working :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

It would only be cool if they showed the original unedited unAmericanized version with Japanese audio and English subtitles. Otherwise I'm not interested. :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

Kiran wrote:Heh I remember the days that I'd wake up early Saturday morning to watch some cartoon shows and Power Rangers. Then I moved on to get up early in the morning to watch anime shows.
Then I started working :P
USED TO watch power rangers? no, you can never leave. NEVAR!