Descent Mission Database

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Descent Mission Database

Post by KoolBear »

Sniper has a wonderful tool available to designer for posting their levels to the web..

Check it out ...
http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb

Hopefully this move will bring more designers to use this nice tool.

Thanks Sniper!

KB
Sniper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sniper »

Thanks for the intro Koolbear. Hopefully this move to the DescentBB will go smoothly. I think the move will further cement the idea of the DMDB - that is, to promote Descent even further amongst us all by showcasing all the new (and some old) levels still out there.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Sniper, I agree. One of the biggest issues I've seen over the past 14+ years is wonderful sites come and go. Many of those with great tactics and or tutorials.

I beleive that your efforts allow the community to operate without the spam advertisemets that some sites are covered with.

Maybe we can offer themes allow the look to match more with the DBB. Just a suggestion. since I am not a prgrammer I have no idea how hard that would be to implement.

KB
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Using the DBB style would at least solve the DMDB's readability problem.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

It would, but I do have reservations about it. The DBB style is fine for the DBB because of the sense of history, but it is kind of gauche these days - doesn't really \"look good\" from a web design standpoint any more. The Internet has come a long way since 1998, after all.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I didn't say it would be the best possible style, I just said it would be a lot more readable.

The DBB layout isn't much different from most other BBS's, and the coloring scheme is a matter of taste.

10 years may be a long time for the internet, but layout and coloring schemes are a lot older - as old as printed magazines.

Personally, I like the different shades of blue on black. Most stuff today just looks like print mags. Maybe because these usually have a professional layout and style.

The last time I had seen the DMDB it neither looked good, nor was it very readable. I pointed that out in another thread.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Diedel,

It's Sniper's creation not yours. Time to drop it. You don't like then don't use it. Otherwise STFU. Understand?

Sniper,
I hope you won't allow one bad apple to spoil a good thing. Everyone knows Diedel has no tact. A great programmer evident in his work. But a horrible commicator, even worse than me and I didn't think that anyone could top me.

IGNORE Diedel. It's a shame Diedel, man I really like you and hate to see so much anger coming from you. Diedel chill out take a few weeks!

KB
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Diedel, I apologize that my statement was harsher than I inteneded it to be. Had I taken more time I would have said something like, Hey Diedel, obviously Sniper likes his site the way it is and doesn't want anyone eles input. So let's just drop it and consider that we have all learned a lesson. It is plain that Sniper wants his site to look the way he invisions it. Kind of like programming, you listen to peoples input and decide what it is that you want to do.

Once again please forgive my abusive condenscending response to your concern for the readbility of Sniper's website.

FYI Diedel I agree with you but then my opinion is like an arshole and like everyone else's it stinks :) And this statement is OVER two weeks old!
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Hey, the new DBB sub-domain link doesnt' works! It gives you an almost empty webpage with the text 'hello world'!

What's going on? :?

It seems i must remain with the normal http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb URL.
Sniper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sniper »

The switch to the gracious spaces of Koolbear's servers is still coming. You will need to use the current url as you stated. When the switch is made, I will make an announcement here, and on the current Web site.
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

Still no link... any progress?
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

no longer works....
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

And its back up and better than ever. :)
Terminal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Terminal »

I really like the site. Simple to use and visually appealing.
The only thing I'm wishing for is a way to sort all the missions by date when I'm browsing through them.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by vision »

Terminal Error wrote:The only thing I'm wishing for is a way to sort all the missions by date when I'm browsing through them.
I think the DMDB kicks ass! I asked the site's author about search filters and he said it's on his list of things to do when he gets time. I look forward to that day, seeing as I'll probably be using the site a lot. :D