Air Purifier?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Air Purifier?

Post by Kiran »

DKnight and I are thinking of getting an air purifier due to very poor air quality in the area that we live in. I've been doing some research and would like to hear personal experiences from some of you who may own air purifiers. Basically, what kind of air purifier do you own and how do you feel about it after using it for some time?
Would you recommend it?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I use one of those ionic breeze type purifiers, collects a lot of dust and does really work, but best to get a spare set of blades so you can swap the dirty blades out and clean ones in without waiting 12 hours for them to dry. I have to pull the blades and clean them about once a week. You never have to go out and buy/order new filters for it since the blades can be cleaned and reused forever, but at first it will make your room smell like chlorine bleach.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

I too use an Ionic Breeze, a GP (germicidal protection) model. The GP comes from a UV lamp you can turn on to kill airborne pathogens as the air is filtered. After two weeks or even one week the collection plates fill up and are easily wiped off. I don't remember seeing the need for a 12-hour dry time, I just leave them out for a few minutes until they're completely dry. I bought mine to quell the cig smoke smell of my apt hallway. I know it works because of the bleach smell it produces if you're away for a while. This is greatly reduced in the newer and retrofit models, which come with a guard that breaks down the ozone that's emitted. It's also quite reliable--mine broke within the warranty and they sent me a new one at no cost.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Thanks for the tips, guys! DK apparently found one at Best Buy on sale for $100 so we'll see how that works. It's some sort of Honeywell brand or something, I didn't get to see the box it came in before he threw it out. Again, thanks for your feedback, I appreciate the responses! :D
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

If it is a genuine Ionic Breeze, it should say so on the body. Still, the imitators should be effective enough. Good luck with your new purchase and your new air!