Why hello there.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Why hello there.

Post by Blue »

Hey guys. I just took a strole down memory lane and found my old descent 3 CD. It made me remember all the good times i played online so many years ago.

Probably no one remembers me, i used to go by [rip]blue. I made a few mods and a few levels. Fusion-Reap was my pride and joy...if anyone has ever played it. I remember [rip]dwnundr helped me a ton getting my 3d models to actually work in the game. (if anyone remembers him even)

But yea, so how is the community still? Do people still play? I can't play descent3 on my current machine (intel mac) so I was bummed when my CDs did nothing. Really wanted to load up and have some old school fun.

Anyhow, its been like 4 years and visiting this forum takes me back. Wish i could remember my old login/pass. Just thought i'd sat Hi :)
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Hell there, mysterious stranger...?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Why hello there.

Post by Foil »

Pencil wrote:Probably no one remembers me, i used to go by [rip]blue. I made a few mods and a few levels. Fusion-Reap was my pride and joy...if anyone has ever played it. I remember [rip]dwnundr helped me a ton getting my 3d models to actually work in the game. (if anyone remembers him even)
Hey, an old RIPper! :D Make sure to drop by our new BB:http://rbb.ripteam.com (PM Shark, he'll get you set up with the right permissions). DwnUndr is still active, as are a number of guys you might know.
Pencil wrote:But yea, so how is the community still? Do people still play? I can't play descent3 on my current machine (intel mac) so I was bummed when my CDs did nothing. Really wanted to load up and have some old school fun.
We're still active. Check out the stickied threads here about how the trackers work now, and how to find games.

In fact, we played your Fusion-Reap level for RIP WNFC (Wednesday Night Fight Club) just a few months ago... it was a blast! 8)
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Hey [rip]blue! I remember you from waay back. You used to post on Planet Descent a bit.
Welcome back to the community. One of the more interesting things you missed is the total fracture of the DBB.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Welcome back! I do remember playing you a few times. =)
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Blue! I reemmber you (not from meeting you in the past...) becuase of Fusion reap, and some levels you made, and you're really freaky avatar.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Also, DwnUndr would like you to e-mail him. If you don't have his adress PM me and I'll get it to you.
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

Its a damn good feeling knowing you guys still enjoy my mods/levels. *tears up a little*

Also wicked cool to see [rip] is still alive, and more importantly, descent is still alive! :)

I miss this game like you wouldn't believe. There is just nothing out there to compare :(

(jake i'll send you a PM)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Pencil, what levels did you do?
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

Zero-One i remember as my 1st, Fusion-Reap was my pet level/mod (put a lot of work into the giant sculpture in the center). Uhmm, i worked on 2 others with [rip]dwnundr, i can't remember exactly (he did a good portion of the work in those) its been like 4 years.

I also made a mac compatable insta-reap. I think Dwn implemented it into one of his levels, but i don't think i released the dev kit since it was kinda wonky (the gun was an invisible power-up sitting on spawn points, so sometimes you'd spawn without it if you blasted off before you picked it up).
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

What did you use to create your mods and would you still be interested in working on something for D3?
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

I used Lightwave 3D for all of them. I'm much more of a painter these days then I am a 3D modeler (been a while since i played in lightwave), so don't know how useful I'd be with current projects. Not to mention, i can't even play Descent on a intel mac :(
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Why didn't you just sign-up using your old nick before you ran around behind the [Rip]Blue Alias

that way everyone will remember you, George

After all it is not taken

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

easily changed if you so desire :)
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

Bubba! :lol: Now there is a name i'll never forget, how the hell have you been? Man, way back in the day you were one of the few artists who really propelled me forward. You and Kuman got me so hyped into 3D, damn just thinking about you two makes me wanna dust off maya and make a new pyro. :lol:

Koolbear that'd be wicked cool. Can yuh edit me to just Blue. :)
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Welcome home Blue ;)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Welcome back Blue!
Blue wrote:....thinking about you two makes me wanna dust off maya and make a new pyro. :lol:
hehe.... Already in the works. :mrgreen:

Linkage
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Nice to meet you, I'm Alex aka Money! Check out the stickies in the multiplayer section to find out how to play again. Hope to see you around
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

I would of liked to see Akuma instead of Blue, as your original name

Inspiration, here is some.... yeah we are going to let you all have a Pyro on you desk.

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Ah, Akuma. There's a name I recognize.
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

Haha, well that nickname i actually associate with the \"angsty / childish\" time in my teens. Lucky for me, i've become quite relaxed and easy going by my mid twenties. :lol:

To be honest though, I can't remember the exact reason i changed to Blue, but i've used it ever since. (my girl even refers to me as baby blue, these days) :)
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

Bubba, do you have a homepage where i can peek at all the new stuff you've made over the last few years? Wanna see how far you've come :D
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

oh Akuma! You had a streetfighter dude in your avatar yah?
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

I always liked to use my own stuff for my avatars, so possible I never used Akuma at all. But hey, its been a long long time so I might have. :)
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Money! »

DCrazy wrote:Ah, Akuma. There's a name I recognize.
Seconded
Birdseye wrote:It's never over