bakdraft aka internetracecar

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

bakdraft aka internetracecar

Post by Diedel »

Afaik internetracecar has been banned from the descentbb.net. Recently he has made a comeback here under the nickname bakdraft. Isn't this against the forum rules?

Feel free to delete this post if I am wrong.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

This should really be in the moderators forum.
Tankie2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tankie2 »

[Removed by Topher: please don't clutter up the feedback forum]
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Since I think the search is broken, could you please find me a thread where he posted under \"internetracecar\"?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Afaik proof had been posted in the GD area a while ago already by someone else. You can also ask around a little on KALI, Descent server.

I also found this DBB thread with the following remark:
MD-2389 wrote:Come to think of it, there was a thread in the Cafe posted by Bakdraft (aka INTERNETRACECAR) with the details about setting up hamachi for D1 (which isn't that difficult. All you need is the network logon/pass, and then launch the game when you're connected.
Duper wrote:This should really be in the moderators forum.
What moderators forum?
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

[Removed by Topher: flames go elsewhere]

And you are a pussie and it's your place, all respects.

are you really gonna let master of the universe serve up troll fest?

you geeks are sure stupid.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Bakdraft's trolling does get old after a short time, a good warning might be an order if he keeps it up any longer.

Speaking of trolling, anyone seen Mobius lately?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

What has Bakdraft done that I need to be talking to him about? Give me specifics please.

I don't know about his prior banning. Perhaps one of the other admins can explain what happened there.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Lothar,

what's the sense of a ban if banned people are allowed back with a different nick name?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

Diedel wrote:Lothar,

what's the sense of a ban if banned people are allowed back with a different nick name?
There is no point, since most bans last one to two weeks and are then restored, they could have just come back with their original nick...
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

He tells me he was never banned. I don't see the username "INTERNETRACECAR" anywhere, and definitely not on the ban list. This suggests to me the entire premise of the thread is wrong. If you can present me with evidence otherwise, I'll reconsider.
Diedel wrote:what's the sense of a ban if banned people are allowed back with a different nick name?
The point of a ban is usually to give someone a while to cool off (except spambots.) Most of the time the ban is lifted after a few weeks or months. It's only the repeat offenders who are permanently banned. Even Slider managed to come back and behave himself, and that's really all I care about.

If Bakdraft / INTERNETRACECAR starts making trouble, let me know. Otherwise, I'm not going to worry about it.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

As I said: If I am wrong, delete my post. Or ignore it.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Krom wrote:There is no point, since most bans last one to two weeks and are then restored....
Not always the case.

fyrephlie was banned for almost 2 years! :P

He was only restored about 3 or so months ago.

Though, that was because KB forgot to restore him after 2 weeks. :lol:

Lothar restored him in the end. ;)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by DCrazy »

Diedel wrote:As I said: If I am wrong, delete my post. Or ignore it.
Unfortunately, you can't just go around in public accusing people of sockpuppetry and calling for them to be banned, and somehow attach a disclaimer along the lines of "sry lol no harm done guyz". That's defamation of character.

This is the kind of issue that would be taken care of by mature adults in PM. We have four administrators who could address the issue: Lothar, KB, Richard Cranium, and Topher. All of them can verify Bakdraft's identity and follow up on any issues you might have. There is absolutely no need to attempt to make a public row about it.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

You are the one who is making a bigger issue out of it than necessary. If had wanted to cause trouble, I'd have posted in GD and not in the feedback. The one who is looking for trouble here is you. Why don't you grab your own nose and follow your own advice instead of trolling this place and trying to wank over me once again.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: bakdraft aka internetracecar

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Diedel wrote:Afaik internetracecar has been banned from the descentbb.net. Recently he has made a comeback here under the nickname bakdraft. Isn't this against the forum rules?

Feel free to delete this post if I am wrong.
IIRC Diedel, you are the one who started this thread. Also, you said you would not return to the DBB and you come back with crap like this.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

All I did was to ask a simple question.

All you are doing is turning it in another troll fest trying to find something against me.

Interestingly as far as I can see none of the mods here deemed it necessary to talk to me like you do.

Before I forget it: I know what I said and it wasn't what you are claiming here, and it's none of your business whether and when I leave this place. Keep your nose in your own stuff.

You really have nothing good to add to issue, so kindly STFU.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Are you the one who PM'd me then deleted the post? Or was that a DBB hiccup?

Thing is Diedel, everyone on Kali and some here were saying things about you and I took them with a grain of salt. Since then, you've become the person they said you were.

I won't STFU because last time I check, Freedom of Speech was something I was allowed. Also, the next time you have something like this post to say, kindly use the PMs and sent it to a MOD. Doing it this way makes you look like the troll YOU are.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Freedom of speech, woohoo! :lol: Stop making yourself a martyr when all you are doing is posting crap in an attempt to cause trouble.

I cannot see a reason to get so upset about my initial question here. None other than your narrow minded prejudices and antipathy against me.

Anyway, it's completely pointless to argue with you, because all you are looking for is having your prejudices be confirmed, like the people on KALI. And don't pretend you were positive towards me. This is definitely not the first time you flamed me.
Tankie2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tankie2 »

Why can't we all just get along?
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

IBTL :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Re:

Post by Krom »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:IBTL :P
x2
Tick tick tick tick.... Still waiting. :P
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Sad.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Just wanted to add:
Freedom of Speech was something I was allowed.
The U.S. government, and presumably the Canadian government, have laws that say they can't stop you from speaking your mind.

My grandma has no such law. If you go into her house, you're expected to follow her rules. That means you can't swear, and you probably can't express certain ideas at all.

This board also has no such law. When you post here, you're expected to follow our rules. That means, among other things, that when a thread starts to turn ugly, don't make it worse by placing blame (even if you're right!), just let it die.