Gametype compatibility keywords for level?

For all coding issues - MODers and programmers, HTML and more.

Moderators: Jeff250, fliptw

Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Gametype compatibility keywords for level?

Post by Foil »

I'm almost done with the code for a new D3 gametype (a new .d3m) I'm developing. I don't want to give away the details yet, so let's call it \"FoilGame\".

Anyway, someone who is designing a level for this new gametype asked me, \"What should I put in for the compatibility keyword? (i.e. The thing that says which gametypes a level is compatible with.)\" Honestly, I have no idea, since my knowledge of D3Edit and level design is minimal.

In the code, I have the gametype string as \"FoilGame\", and I built a function that validates whether the level has all the right rooms/objects/etc. But I don't know where that compatibility keyword (in D3Edit in the Quicktest window, I'm told) comes into play.

Can someone fill me in on this?
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

that keyword has to be manually added within the msn file, it can be done with the editor (quicktest/mn3-edit). note that it can be only a single word, not two, at least i haven't gotten more than one to work.
checking for the rooms and/or objects isn't necessary, since it will quit if the keyword is not found. though it's good practice to write such functions ;).
you MIGHT have to add that keyword to the keyword check, though i don't remember that being necessary.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Floyd wrote:checking for the rooms and/or objects isn't necessary, since it will quit if the keyword is not found. though it's good practice to write such functions ;).
The entropy code does just that; I'm doing something similar.
Floyd wrote:you MIGHT have to add that keyword to the keyword check, though i don't remember that being necessary.
Keyword check? Hmm, maybe I just missed it. Can you point me to it in the D3-SDK Anarchy code (which is what I am using as a base)?
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

Code: Select all

void DLLFUNCCALL DLLGetGameInfo (tDLLOptions *options)
strcpy(options->requirements,\"\");		// the MSN file KEYWORD requirements
fill your mod name into the empty string, that's it :).
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Ah, thanks! :D

I think I may have already done that, in fact. For some reason, I was thinking that line referred to the name which shows up in game browsers/trackers. :roll: