Are there any Supreme Commander players around here?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

Diedel wrote:What is the RAS?
basically turns your support commander into a walking fusion reactor. After looking at the advice, I started using these guys as soon as I got to tech level 3. Talk about wow! Great for keeping my firebases up and maintained while another group stays back at the main base and keeps hooking me up on the power.

And while playing against the AI (Tech AI), I ended up killing around 23 experimental units before finally taking out the enemy commander with artillery. Talk about brutal. Having 10 or more strategic bombers on standby at your firebase works wonders for taking out experimentals in route to your base.
Another Soul Korrupted
http://www.korrupted.net
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I just re-read your post and finally noticed that the RAS is a commander upgrade. I have only upgraded my ACU once so far because it is insanely expensive in terms of mass and energy.
ReadyMan
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by ReadyMan »

the RAS is also an SCU upgrade.
if your not using your SCUs for frontline combat, you are missing a key element. Upgrade their shields/regen, and their weapons and they are insanely powerful. Heh, you can even upgrade one, and teleport him into your enemies base to crush his economy or try to snipe his commander.
It's not THAT expensive. You should have so much power (from the RAS and mass fab farms/power farms), that it barely makes a dent in your power levels.

check out this thread for how to achieve almost power free mass:

http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

RM
Fighting villains is what I do!