Got a Wii?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Got a Wii?

Post by JMEaT »

Get Mario Party 8 and round up your friends. This is a really fun game. :) You don't have to be a kid to enjoy it.

http://wii.nintendo.com/site/mp8/ (Warning the site is kinda corny) but the gameplay video isn't too bad.

Also if you are lazy (like me) you don't have to stand up while playing. ;P
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I like my Wii.... makes me feel.... manly :D ;)
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I can wii fer distance and accuracy.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Wii Sports is hella fun too. :) (I had the opportunity to play at a friend's house....and now I want one!)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Im going for a second 40 hours on top of my reg 40 hour job. And that second job might be at a game spot. So i'm thinking about getting a wii. But i want to use it as a media center to play movies over the network. Can i do that? It was easy to get the xbox to do that.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

one of the mini games in MP8 will split your sides just in its concept.

You'll know when you play it.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

Also fun is this demo pack my friend got, with 10 small games, including a Pong update, a tank battle, target shooting, and one involving the characters from Wii Sports, but with limbs. I also saw another friend manipulate photos off a SD card--very intuitive interface.

Oh, and the best game: Rayman Raving Rabbids!
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I can play games with my wii? I didn't know that....

I just use it in the bowl.... hmmmm.... ;)
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Dang, I got my sister the Super Mario Party game and we had a blast!
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Re:

Post by JMEaT »

Isaac wrote:Im going for a second 40 hours on top of my reg 40 hour job. And that second job might be at a game spot. So i'm thinking about getting a wii. But i want to use it as a media center to play movies over the network. Can i do that? It was easy to get the xbox to do that.
No not at present (unless there is a hack I don't know of).

You can surf the web now for free tho... if thats anything
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

this console keeps looking better and better.

i wonder why it's called Mario Party 8, has there actually been 7 Mario Party games before? I only remember 1 or 2 *shrug*
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

You liked this game?

I bought it about a month or so ago thinking hey it's a mario party game it can't be that bad. I was sorely mistaken. I tried to play it with a friend we went around on a map and managed to play the only same two minigames twice each in a period of about 10 minutes. (granted the minigames weren't awful but they weren't worth repeating)

Tried going into another menu to play bonus games. Everything was locked except for about four really crappy minigames. Very simple game play and graphics and awkward controls.

I hated this game. What was it about it that you enjoyed?

Sedwick, that wasn't a demo pack your friend has it's called WiiPlay. My favorite game for the wii right now. Love that tank game.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

It is a shame that you did not really enjoy this game, Jon. Maybe your perspective on what makes a game fun isn't in line with how fun this game is...

We gathered at my sister's house the other day and played Super Mario Party 8 and we still had so much fun. Maybe it's the combination of being in a good mood, having a good sense of humor, a couple of clueless players, and alcohol :P .

The way we handled the minigames is that since we're new at it, we look at what the rules are, look at how we should use the controllers, and then practice before gaming.

Honestly, at first I was not impressed with the game. It was just hitting the dice and walk a few steps. But now I'm into it because of the minigames and some other stuff that is part of that level (or board area).
It's fun! You really should give it a couple more chances. :D