You like bottled water...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

You like bottled water...

Post by CDN_Merlin »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070726/hl_ ... afina_dc_1

Seems people who drank Dasani and Aquafina are in for a surprise. I've tried them but they tasted bad. I only drink Labrador or Evian water which is real spring water.
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Strife »

Wrong dude... I am an AVID water drinker. Best water right now is this stuff called smart water. Its straight up cloud water. Yes I said it Cloud water. For more information please visit...

http://www.glaceau.com/

I'm not kidding when I say this is the best water I have tasted. If you can't find it at a local store near you... ORDER IT. You will not be disapointed.
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Strife »

Ok you might not be wrong with your stuff being the only natural spring water... BUT this water does taste the best.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

Well water is the best.

i just dont buy that expensive crap when i can get a bottle and fill it up from the tap.

yes it full of cems and nasty ★■◆● but at lease i didnt have to pay almost $6 for 16oz
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

Buying bottled water is retarded unless you are buying it by the 5 gallon jug.
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Strife »

Some people would say the same thing about beer. Why pay for a 18 dollar 12 pack? BECAUSE IT TASTE BETTER THAN THAT 9.99 30 rack of Pabst Blue Ribbon!
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I buy it by the 18 litres. Cost me 5$ plus deposit.
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Blue »

Strife wrote:Some people would say the same thing about beer. Why pay for a 18 dollar 12 pack? BECAUSE IT TASTE BETTER THAN THAT 9.99 30 rack of Pabst Blue Ribbon!
Beer falls from the sky for free?
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Blue »

CDN_Merlin wrote:I buy it by the 18 litres. Cost me 5$ plus deposit.
Best way to go, man. paying 1.25 for 16 ounces of the most abundant resource on the planet is about as smart as paying you buddy for his piss.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Tap water plus a Brita water filter is good enough for me and lasts several months.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Garden hose all the way.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Topher wrote:Garden hose all the way.
x2
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I get my water from a Mountain Lake. Note the clouds in the sky as they naturally deposit rainwater, (Cloudwater lol) into the Lake thus eliminating the middle man and the marketing hype, as well as cutting costs. This water is über cold out of the taps and is frankly probably better than any of the bottled water mentioned here.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

So cold, it's Forbidden!!
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Strife »

Canuck wrote:I get my water from a Mountain Lake. Note the clouds in the sky as they naturally deposit rainwater, (Cloudwater lol) into the Lake thus eliminating the middle man and the marketing hype, as well as cutting costs. This water is über cold out of the taps and is frankly probably better than any of the bottled water mentioned here.
They don't sit and catch rain water dude :P They MAKE clouds after a bunch of stuff PLUS add electrolytes. Im telling ya. TRY IT.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

Blue wrote:Best way to go, man. paying 1.25 for 16 ounces of the most abundant resource on the planet is about as smart as paying you buddy for his piss.
...Oh I don't know - A mate of mine had some of the nicest piss I've ever tasted :) Seriously! this stuff was great. Much better than that stale, watery, generic piss you get in the shops...

(...in Aust. piss = beer. Thought you should know :P)
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Canuck »

Strife wrote:
Canuck wrote:I get my water from a Mountain Lake. Note the clouds in the sky as they naturally deposit rainwater, (Cloudwater lol) into the Lake thus eliminating the middle man and the marketing hype, as well as cutting costs. This water is über cold out of the taps and is frankly probably better than any of the bottled water mentioned here.
They don't sit and catch rain water dude :P They MAKE clouds after a bunch of stuff PLUS add electrolytes. Im telling ya. TRY IT.
LOL, Dude I get those funky electrolytes from the dissolved minerals off the Mountains, Nature makes my Clouds, AND without a bunch of other stuff, plus I don't need to add colourant, synthetic flavours or Vitamins to it. You try it ! :P

I haven't even looked at the product but it sounds like they are distilling water, and because they've taken out all the minerals and goodness have to add it all back in. Just say no Dude!

A marketers dream you are.
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Strife »

No added flavors or anything... Just great tasting water... All you can knock it all you want... Say what you will about bottled water... Its bottled... refined.. and processed for a reason.. So people can enjoy the taste of or more purified water. Don't hate because some people just plain and simple have better taste than you. :P
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I drink a gallon of tap almost everyday.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Strife wrote:No added flavors or anything... Just great tasting water... All you can knock it all you want... Say what you will about bottled water... Its bottled... refined.. and processed for a reason.. So people can enjoy the taste of or more purified water. Don't hate because some people just plain and simple have better taste than you. :P
Better taste is an individual thing. I've always loved tap water when the rest of my family hated it.
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

I loved the tap water in Germany ... it came more or less directly from a *very* clean lake, no chemicals added. Here in the UK, the tap water tastes like ★■◆●. In the few places where I have been in the US, the tap water gave me tooth ache (happened to some of my friends who came over there as well). I think it comes from the tons of chlorine they put in it to combat bacteria and stuff ... after a few days I switched to bottled water and everything was fine again.
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Blue »

Strife wrote:No added flavors or anything... Just great tasting water... All you can knock it all you want... Say what you will about bottled water... Its bottled... refined.. and processed for a reason.. So people can enjoy the taste of or more purified water. Don't hate because some people just plain and simple have better taste than you. :P
H2O has no flavor. What you "taste" isn't the water. Idealy, all you should sense is tempurature.

...just because i like playin devil's advocate.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

The taste is most likely the \"other\" stuff in the water, like the minerals, chemicals etc. Cause trust me, tap water or even bottled water has taste.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

CDN_Merlin wrote:The taste is most likely the "other" stuff in the water, like the minerals, chemicals etc. Cause trust me, tap water or even bottled water has taste.
...That reminds me of growing up in rural Western Australia. Our water came from rainwater tanks collected from roof run-off. It was so crisp, clean and SWEET - it was absolutely amazing, especially on cold mornings.

...course, it was only after about twenty years of drinking the stuff that we discovered the sweetness of the water was caused by phosphorus leeched out of bird droppings on the roof accumulating in the tank.

Bugger Evian on ice - I'll take my water with a pinch of bird poop - thanks very much :P
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Strife »

And we have a winner for most disgusting! I would still be willing to try it :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Penn & Teller ftw!

Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

Strife wrote:And we have a winner for most disgusting! I would still be willing to try it :P
Next time I'm in Albany, I'll send you some Strife - it really is very lovely. :lol:
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I drink bottled water all the time but I learned a few things in this thread. Our tap water is filtered and pretty good so I'm going to refill from the tap from now on. Thanks for the good advice.

Bettina
Space-Invader Klein
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Silver

Post by Space-Invader Klein »

I'm not much of a water drinker, but the water I do drink is Silver Water.... Ionized Silver in the water is public domain and has been around for thousands of years. It helps kill most everything, and promotes healing. I haven't gotten sick since I started drinking it, unless it was due to alcohol or something....
(Space-Invader Klein)www.myspace.com/spaceinvaderklein (Memory_Theif)
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Silver

Post by Strife »

Space-Invader Klein wrote:I'm not much of a water drinker, but the water I do drink is Silver Water.... Ionized Silver in the water is public domain and has been around for thousands of years. It helps kill most everything, and promotes healing. I haven't gotten sick since I started drinking it, unless it was due to alcohol or something....

Blasphemy! Alcohol does NOT make you sick! It kills germs :)
Space-Invader Klein
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Blaphussmuss

Post by Space-Invader Klein »

Strife wrote:Blasphemy! Alcohol does NOT make you sick! It kills germs :)
Ok granted Alcohol kills germs, but in large quantity your liver starts to stab back.
Firewater!
(Space-Invader Klein)www.myspace.com/spaceinvaderklein (Memory_Theif)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

yea it's called alcohol poisoning.

yes, alcohol IS a poison. Just not as strong as say.. bleach.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Speaking of alcohol JD, I cannot ship my Dad's beer to you as liquids and alcohol are now on the banned list. If you want you can get a function permit and I can get a Liquor License, then its terrorist proof and OK to send the evil Liquid.

Sorry man but unless I can bribe a Courier or a Trucker I wont be able to mail or Bus it out to you.

And I still think my Mountain Lake beats any fricken' \"Cloud Water\" complete with stupid anecdotes printed on fufu Labels on a plastic bottle. I ain't hatin' the Player, I'm hatin' the game. Use the Force and buy a Britta Luke.
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Strife »

I actually have a britta at my house :) But if I'm out and getting something to drink at a store.. Im still getting my bottled cloud water instead of soda or something else... Although I did find I like those v8 fusion joints :) Mango Peach madness!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

From what i've heard about the suspicious smell of online purchased \"bottled Algae nutrient\", there is a market for pee being served right now.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I synthesize all of my water through hydrogen combustion. So, like, take that.